Do you want to know how watch Peacock TV in Spain? Keep reading our article where we will tell you the steps to be able to access Peacock from Spain and be able to enjoy all its contents. In fact, it is one of the most popular platforms in the United States where you can watch free movies and series online.
We anticipate that you will need a VPN service to access the streaming service. This is because if you live in Spain and try to access or sign up for Peacock TV, the following geo-blocking error will appear on your screen: “This service is not available in your region”. But for that we have VPNs, to be able to connect from an American IP and be able to access Peacock TV in Spain.
Why do I need a VPN to watch Peacock TV in Spain?
To watch Peacock TV you must be in the US Otherwise you will not be able to access the website as it is geographically restricted. This is because your ISP has your local IP. So when trying to access Peacock in Spain the streaming service immediately bans you. A free VPN service has the ability to switch your local IP with one of the servers where Peacock TV is available, such as the US.
How to watch Peacock TV in Spain step by step
With a VPN you can watch Peacock TV on any device from anywhere. This includes Android or iOS phones and tablets, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, smart TVs, Windows or Mac computers, Vizio TV, and Xfinity devices.
From mobile or computer
- Download a VPN: you can use one of the best VPNs that we have analyzed in Tecnoguía. Although we recommend ExpressVPN to watch Peacock TV in Spain.
- Connect to a US server: this will make Peacock TV understand that you are entering from the US.
- Sign in to Peacock TV: If you have not been able to create your account yet, you should register by accessing the registration section from the VPN.
- Now you can enjoy the shows and movies even when you are traveling in any country.
From Chromecast, Smart TV and consoles
Most devices other than computers and mobiles do not support native VPN apps. This includes Roku, Amazon Fire TV Stick, Smart TVs, Xbox, PlayStation, and Chromecast. To use a VPN and watch Peacock TV on these devices, you’ll need to set it up on your router:
- Get a VPN like ExpressVPN that have a special application for router.
- Download the firmware of the router: you can log in to your router by typing the IP address and then download the firmware from the manufacturer’s website.
- Connect your router to the Internet: after that, you can install the ExpressVPN router firmware.
- Select a US server– Open the ExpressVPN router app, connect to a US server, and it will give you an IP address so you can access Peacock TV.
- Connect your device to the router network: After connecting, open Peacock TV on your device and enjoy its contents.
Some VPNs have native apps for some smart TVs and streaming devices like Fire Stick. These apps make setup a lot easier: they require steps similar to mobiles and computers. So make sure to check and see if your VPN has one.
Is PeacockTV free?
Yes, Peacock TV has a free plan. This includes access to a limited library, which is why it also offers a Premium plan with ads but which gives you access to the entire Peacock TV library. This plan comes free with certain Xfinity subscriptions but typically costs around $5 per month. If you want to remove ads, you can subscribe to Peacock Premium Plus for approximately 10 euros per month.
Why is my VPN not working with Peacock TV?
If your VPN does not allow you to access Peacock TV, you may need to choose a more reliable VPN. Peacock uses strong VPN blocking technologies, so you’ll need a high-quality VPN to access your account. There are a few troubleshooting tricks you can try if your VPN isn’t working:
- Clear your browser’s cache and cookies, then reload Peacock TV.
- Use an incognito window.
- Try another server in the US or one of the allowed countries.
If none of these steps work, you will need to contact the VPN’s customer support.
Can I use free VPNs to watch Peacock TV?
It is almost impossible for most free VPNs to unblock Peacock TV. While you can try to access Peacock TV using a free VPN service, I wouldn’t recommend it. I have tried several, and they are generally not reliable.
They usually have smaller server networks so it is more likely to run much slower. Also, they can’t keep up with streaming platforms’ VPN blocking technologies, so IP addresses are blacklisted. Even if you connect, you won’t be able to stream for a long time due to the limited data caps they come with.
Free VPNs can also be a security risk. They don’t have the security features that premium VPNs offer, so hackers can expose and steal your data. Many apps posing as free VPNs actually contain malware, so you may not even know what you’re downloading.
If our guide on how to watch Peacock TV in Spain has been useful to you, we recommend you also read How to watch Vudu from Spain.