Is your printer not making it easy for you? It seems that these devices have a radar to know when we need them. Just like any computer equipment, printers can cause problems or be vulnerable to certain errors. In order to solve these errors, many times it will be necessary to uninstall from the device, below we will show you Two methods to be able to delete printers in Windows 10, the classic system method and also, an option using Regedit. Remember that we also teach you how to Delete print queue in Windows.
You may have tried to print a document and this device is duplicated on the network or it simply detects an error when connecting, so it does not end up printing the document. If this has happened to you, the simplest thing may be to uninstall the device and reconnect it or simply replace it with another model. Eliminate this printer if it is causing problems or if we want to connect others, it will be essential to avoid encountering more errors in the future. The two methods that we share with you are fast, so you do not waste time with the printer, so let’s go with it.
Delete a printer from Windows 10 Settings
In order to uninstall a printer, you can use the traditional OS method. You just have to follow these instructions:
- Access the search bar and type Setting.
- Access the configuration and go to the section Devicesclick Printer and Scanners.
- You will see all the printers that are installed, select the one you want to remove and click Remove device.
- You agree to its removal and repeat the process if you want to remove another printer of the computer.
That’s how easy it is to delete printers in Windows, then you can check that they are no longer configured in the system. In this section, you will also be able to see the scanners that you have connected, and to remove them, the step by step will be the same, you will only have to know which device you are interested in removing.
Delete a printer in Windows 10 with Regedit
If this first method has been complicated for you and you have not just seen it clearly, here we leave you a second option. You will be able to use Regedit to remove these devices. That the most classic way has not worked does not mean that it is impossible to uninstall the device from your computer.
The process to do it with Regedit is simple, you just have to be attentive to do not delete any record from the Regedit section. If you inadvertently delete some of these records, this can cause errors in the operating system. Luckily, we have the step by step you need to successfully uninstall a printer in Windows 10 without causing any other problems. The correct way to do this process is:
- Access the search bar and type regedit.
- Follow this folder path to access the printers section HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Control> Print > Printers.
- inside the folder printers you will find all the printers installed on the computer.
- Select only the one you want to remove and delete it by doing right clickfrom the drop-down menu select Delete.
- restart the computer in order to see the changes.
Printer has files queued but won’t print
If you don’t want to delete the printer, but you need the printer to work, you can also try to resolve printer errors. One of the most common errors in printing is that it detects that it has files in the queue and shows that it is printing, but you can see that it is completely paused.
In case that the printer detects that it has files in the queue and you know that it does not, You’ll need to follow these steps in order to fix the problem and get your printer working again.
- Access the Control Panel and select the option Management tools.
- You will be able to see several options, right click on them and select Execute as an administrator in the option Services.
- Within services look for the option Print spooler and double click on it.
- In the pop-up window press the option Having and then Start.
If you have followed these steps, the printer will perform the task that you have instructed it to print and will return to normal operation. If you find that your documents still won’t print, you have ink, and the connection is stable, you may need to carry out a more specific study to detect the error, if this can be solved or if, unfortunately, you will have to get another printer to be able to continue with your work.
As you have seen, deleting printers in Windows 10 is more than simple, the steps are simple both in the classic method and using Regedit, so don’t forget them for the next time your printer decides not to collaborate.