Sending small files, like photos, is easy. Mainly it is because applications like WhatsApp compress the files before sending them, which does not happen if we want to send a video. For this reason, this time we will talk about various methods to send videos or other files of similar weights.
WeTransfer: the solution to send a video that weighs a lot
One of the most popular services for sending large files is WeTransfer. Using it is so easy How to go to your website, upload the file and write the emails of those who we want to receive the file. The free version allows you to send files that weigh up to 2GB.
The only drawback of this application, which is also one of the most reliable on the market, is that the file must not exceed 10GB. It has a high level of security, since all the files sent are encrypted, and the receiver will have to confirm them by inserting a code that is unique and personalized for each shipment. The application can be downloaded through the Google Play Store.
if the file weighs more than 2GBwe can also use Telegram. This application is available from the AppStore, Google Play Store and from the desktop of our computer. This tool does not reduce the quality of the videos sent.
How can we send a video through the cloud
If we need to send a video, but we don’t want to use third-party tools, we can use the cloud. It is one of the best ways to send a video to the number of contacts we want, no matter how heavy it is.
To talk about the cloud we need to recognize what services we can count on. We have apps like Google Drive, OneDrive and Dropbox. Each one has its advantages and disadvantages, which can be the subject of another article, because on this occasion what matters to us is knowing that they all work in a similar way: we must create an account with these services, and once it is done, we will load the file we want to share and send a link so our recipients can open it whenever they want.
They all work the same though. there are things we should keep in mind. Google Drive, for example, only allows you to upload up to 15GB of files in its free version. If we want more, we must pay the subscription.
Send a video without apps
If the video in question is not too heavy, another alternative is to compress it directly from the computer. It is possible in both Windows and Mac, and is very similar: place the mouse cursor over the video to be sent, right-click and follow the instructions in the “compress” section.
Compress videos on Android to send them
If you have recorded a video directly from your mobile, and you want to share it without going through a lot of work, there are several applications that can help us. Many of them are also free, so you can say that your worries are over when it comes to sending videos to your friends or acquaintances.
As the name suggests, this app helps compress videos for sharing on various social networks like Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, and more.
- It allows you to adjust the video quality between high, normal and low, offering different levels of compression depending on the case.
- Instinctive and easy to use interface, fast when compressing.
- Supports all video formats.
- Allows you to remove audio from videos if desired, further reducing file size.
- You can convert the video to MP3 audio if you want.
- It can be difficult to remove new videos from the app.
- It has a feature to send videos via SMS, but many times it doesn’t work.
With this application you can compress a video from Android, be it phones or tablets, very easily. You can choose the size of the video, adjust its length and more before compressing it to send.
- It’s easy to resize and crop videos.
- Allows you to add remote audio and music to videos.
- It allows you to share videos directly on social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Gmail and others.
- You can save and delete the videos through the app.
- Some users have expressed dissatisfaction with the difference in resizing that occurred in the videos. They needed them to be reduced even more.
Sunshine Video Compressor
This is one of the few multi-video compressors available on the Play Store. You can convert multiple videos into a single compressed file, not only for sharing, but also for saving mobile storage.
- Compress several large files into one.
- Optimizes the space occupied by files by overwriting compressed video to offer up to 90% more space on mobile.
- It has FHD, HD and SD configuration options to compress videos. The lower the quality, the smaller the file size.
- You can transfer the compressed files instantly.
- You can only compress files created on mobile, you will not be able to compress files downloaded from other sources on the web.
Now you can share videos much easier than before, send them to your friends or directly to social networks like Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. Best of all, you can do it from your computer or your mobile, there are no limits thanks to the scope of technology, which is also free. What are you waiting for to try these options?