- 1 How to view saved passwords in Chrome
- 2 How to view saved passwords in Firefox
- 3 How to view saved passwords in Edge
- 4 How to view saved passwords in Safari
- 5 How to view saved passwords in Opera
- 6 How to view saved passwords on Android
- 7 How to view saved passwords on iPhone and iPad
- 8 Conclusions
Currently, logging into most websites requires entering a password; to facilitate this, most browsers offer their users the function of being able to save this data in them. However, due to multiple reasons, you often need to know how to view all saved passwords in the browser and for this, this guide provides you with all the necessary information.
How to view saved passwords in Chrome
There are a wide variety of ways you can view saved passwords in Chrome; For all these you need your Gmail account to be open. Here are some of the options that are available and the processes required to carry them out:
- The first thing is to enter the browser and click on the menu of the three vertical dots that is in the upper right corner.
- Now, a menu will be displayed on the screen, where you have to choose the section of Setting.
- Next, the system will take you to a window. In it you have to move the cursor down until it appears within the section of Autocomplete the tab of Passwords
- Once you click on Passwords, it will be possible to see a list of all the passwords that have been stored in the browser.
- To see them, you only need to click on the option Show passwords which is represented by an eye icon.
- Once you click on this icon, a dialog box will appear asking for the Windows password. Enter it and you will be able to see the information you need.
Another way to use the password manager
- The first step to execute is to enter the Setting from Google Chrome or directly from your profile.
- Next, you have to go to the section Manage Google account.
- Once inside that section, look in the side menu for the function of Security and select it.
- At this time, you will find at the bottom the option Login to other websites.
- When you are located you will see the Password manager; then you will see a list containing all the web pages and their passwords.
- Finally, if you press on the icon of a blocked eye you will have the possibility to access the password. It is very likely that you will be asked to enter the password for your computer or the one you use to log in to your Google account.
Through Chrome’s password manager
- First, you enter the browser and you must locate the symbol of your google profile located in the upper right part of the screen, next to the menu with the three vertical dots.
- Next, a small tab is displayed and under your email address you will see the key icon, which corresponds to the password menu.
- When you click, you will be immediately directed to the section where all your passwords are displayed. To see them, you must follow the same process as the previous method.
Using Google Password Manager
Although this option focuses on managing and modifying passwords; can also be used in order to view those that you have previously saved. To do this, the steps you must take are the following:
- The first step is to enter the address https://passwords.google.com/ and log in through your personal account.
- You will now be directed to the window of the Password manager.
- Once you log in, all the passwords that are related to your account will be displayed on the screen.
- To be able to see any of them, you must first verify the password of your main Google account.
- First of all, you have to go to a new tab in the browser and write the expression: chrome: // settings / passwords
- Now, you will be presented with the new window in the section of Passwords, There you will see a list that includes all the web pages and their passwords.
- Finally, by clicking on the icon of a blocked eye you will be able to access the password.
- You may be asked to enter the password for your computer or the one you use to log into your Google account.
How to view saved passwords in Firefox
In case Firefox is the browser in which you have saved your passwords, Two methods are described below for accessing them. One from the interface itself and the other through the use of an application. For both cases the processes are the following:
- First of all, you have to go to the menu that you will find in the upper right corner of the browser.
- Once you have entered the menu, locate the option login and passwords and access.
- With this option, you will be able to see the list of users, the passwords and the websites where these data were stored.
How to View All Firefox Passwords Using the PasswordFox Tool
- Once the utility is downloaded, the ZIP file must be extracted.
- Now, from the extracted folder, you have to double click in order to run the PasswordFox.exe application.
- Next, you have to press Ctrl+ TO to choose all the listed sites.
- After this, in the menu File you have to select the option Save selected items.
- At this point, you must enter a name for the .TXT file and click on the option Keep.
- Finally, you need to open the created file in notepad. In this way you will be able to see all the passwords saved in the Mozilla Firefox browser.
How to view saved passwords in Edge
In case the passwords that you want to see are saved in the Edge browser, two methods that you have available and whose steps you need to complete are described below:
Through the Password Manager
- The first thing is to open the browser and click on the button with the three dots, which is in the upper right corner of the window. In the menu that is displayed, choose the section Setting.
- Then go to the section Profiles and click on the option Passwords
- After this, look for the name section Saved passwords, and in it you will see a list of all the usernames and passwords that you have stored in Edge.
- By default, passwords are hidden for security reasons. If you want to see a password, you have to click on the eye icon next to it.
- At this point, a box will appear asking you to verify your system user account before the password is displayed.
- Now, you have to enter your username and password that you use to log into your computer. Then you must click on the option To accept.
- Finally, after entering your system account information, you will be able to see the saved password.
Through the Credential Manager
The Credential Manager allows you to see all the passwords that you have saved in the Edge browser; and for this, the steps are:
- The first step is to enter Credential manager in the search box on the taskbar and click on the option Get in.
- Now on the menu Credential manager, you have to choose Web credentials to display the URLs for which Edge passwords have been saved.
- After this, choose and click on the URL where you want to see the saved password.
- In case it does not appear after entering the last instruction, this may be because by default the Credential manager does not show passwords.
- In order to see the password, you must press the option Show link and at this moment you will be asked to enter the password for your account.
How to view saved passwords in Safari
If the browser you use regularly is Safari, you also have the possibility of see all your stored passwords when you want it. In this case, the steps that have to be followed to carry them out are the following:
- The first thing you have to do is open the Safari browser.
- After this, you must go to the top menu and there select the Preferences.
- Once you are in the preferences, you have to select the tab that says Passwords
- Next, you have to enter the user password in order to have access to the saved data.
- At this point, you will be shown all the saved passwords for those websites that you have logged in to.
- You must choose the website that you cannot log in to by clicking on it.
- When the website is highlighted, the requested password will be displayed and you can make a note of it. This will allow you to log into the website from other devices.
It should be noted that you will only be able to see this lost password in Safari if you have selected the option to save the password when you enter your details to log in to a particular website.
How to view saved passwords in Opera
To Vsee the passwords saved in the Opera browser, Two of the ways are listed below:
- The first step is to enter your browser and locate the menu Options, located on the left side of your screen.
- When you have accessed the menu, go to the section of Setting.
- Next, click on the option Privacy & Security and it will direct you to a panel.
- Once you are in this panel, you have to select the function Manage saved passwords.
- Finally, so that you can see the passwords, click on the option Show where you need to find out.
Through a third-party tool
There are users who have their reasons for not wanting to look for the password directly in the Opera settings. For them, the use of specific software for this is recommended, such as Manyprog Opera Password Recovery.
This program was created in order to search for passwords that have been stored in the Opera browser; To achieve this, the steps you have to carry out are the following:
- The first thing to do is download the tool and install it on your computer or laptop.
- To find one of the saved passwords, you just have to run the software by clicking on the button Beginning.
- Immediately, the program will present you with a list with the user names, the saved passwords and the addresses of the sites that require the introduction of these data.
How to view saved passwords on Android
If you have a mobile or tablet with the system Android, for be able to see the passwords saved in it, you can make it through Smart Lock. This is a function activated on the mobile platform when the Google account is connected to the device in use, which will allow you to save and display the login data in order to automatically access sites and applications from Internet.
- First of all, take your gear and unlock it. Then you go to the home screen and click on the icon of Setting.
- In the new window that appears, click on the element of Google and then about the Smart lock for the password.
- Next, click on the Google account link in the section Saved passwords; You must enter your credentials to log into your Google account, on the web page that will open.
- Once you have started the session, you have to locate the section Saved passwords. Then you will find the list of Internet sites and applications for which you have preferred to save important access data.
- Now you can search for the site or application of your interest; then click on the eye symbol so that you can see the stored password.
- If you cannot immediately find the login data you are looking for, you can search for a keyword, entering it in the field designated for it, after clicking on the magnifying glass icon.
How to view saved passwords on iPhone and iPad
If you are using a iPhone or iPad, for be able to see saved passwords related to Internet sites and applications, you can do it through the system known as iCloud Keychain.
This feature is iCloud based and the keychain option must be enabled on your device in order to continue. The process to do this consists of executing the steps indicated below:
- The first step is to access the home screen of the equipment and press the icon of Setting.
- In the new screen that will pop up, tap on the password and the redactor account, the password app and the websites and unlock access to the saved credentials using Face ID, Touch ID or the device code.
- Once the previous steps have been completed, the list will be displayed with all the sites and applications for which you have chosen to save the data.
- Now, you have to select the one that interests you and then you will be able to see the password.
- If you can’t find the data you need immediately, you can type the keywords that interest you in the search bar at the top.
You have been able to verify that there are multiple methods you have to be able to see the passwords you have chosen to save in the browser of your preference.
The procedures necessary to carry out this action are really very simple to execute, so this information will be very useful when you want see those passwords you have saved.