- 1 Remove Delta Homes from the home page
- 1.1 Locate where the installed program is and remove it
- 1.2 Remove Delta Homes from your web browser’s home page
- 1.3 Remove Delta Homes from web browser extensions
- 1.4 Check and reset network settings
- 1.5 Restart the web browser
- 2 How to search for possible remnants of malware that have been hidden in the system
- 3 Conclusions
Delta Homes It is a malware that acts by changing the home page or the search engine that is configured as the default in your web browser. It also works by redirecting your search to other unwanted sites on the web and presenting awkward advertising, as well as making certain changes to your browser settings. Therefore, this guide explains how to remove Delta Homes from the home page, in order that you can get rid of this annoying tool.
Remove Delta Homes from the home page
To remove Delta Homes from the home page and make sure you have permanently deleted it from your computer without remaining hidden remains of this program, you must follow a few simple steps that are explained below:
Locate where the installed program is and remove it
After locating the malware on your computer, the next step you should take is to removal of this program. To achieve this effectively, it is necessary that you follow the indications indicated below:
- The first thing is to go to the Control Panel of the version that you have of Windows.
- Once you are inside, enter the section Programs. Then you must click on the option Uninstall or change a program.
- When you are in the list of applications, you have to locate the name of this program that you want to remove and select it.
- Finally, you have to press the option Uninstall and it only remains to wait until the process has been completed.
- The final step is to press on To accept for the changes to be saved.
You must bear in mind that this program does not always appear on the list under the name Delta Homes. Sometimes it can take other names, such as Omiga Plus, eSafe Security Control, Search Protect by Conduit or Delta Search Toolbar among others.
Despite the fact that from now on you should be free of this uncomfortable program, it is possible that an infection has occurred that has come along with the package that was installed. Also, some other malware may have been downloaded along with it. So it is necessary to follow the steps detailed below to guarantee that your system will be totally free of it.
The following describes how to remove Delta Homes from the home pages of web browsers installed on Windows.
How to Remove Delta Homes from Mozilla Firefox Home Page
- The first thing to do is click on the icon of the three horizontal lines that is in the upper right part.
- Next, you must choose the section of Choices and then the General.
- Now at the entrance Homepage it is possible to remove the delta-homes.com link and insert the preferred page.
- Right after this, go to the Firefox icon, right-click and select the option Property to remove the reference to Delta Homes.com from the target or target field, leaving only the path to firefox.exe.
How to Remove Delta Homes from Google Chrome Home Page
- First, you must click on the icon Personalize and control Google Chrome in orange, located in the upper right with the three vertical dots.
- Once inside this menu, you have to choose the section Setting.
- Next, you press on the function Appearance and select Show home page button.
- It’s time to click on Change and enter your preferred site on the Chrome home page.
- After this, locate the section Look for and then click on the function Manage Search Engines. Through it you can eliminate all that you consider dangerous.
- After this, go to the Chrome icon, right-click and choose the option Property to remove all reference to Delta Homes.com from the target or target field, allowing only the path to chrome.exe.
How to remove Delta Homes from the home page of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge
- From the browser, you have to click on the gear icon in the upper right corner.
- Next, you must click on the section Internet Options.
- In function General, makes the home page change.
- After this, go to the Internet Explorer icon, press the right mouse button and select the option Property in order to remove the reference to Delta Homes.com from the target or destination field and only keep the path to iexplore.exe.
At this point you have to uninstall this annoying software from your web browser extensions. The steps that must be taken to achieve this are the following:
- First of all, you must click with the right mouse button on the shortcut of the web browser you are using.
- Next, you have to press on the section of Properties.
- Then, head over to the section of Direct access, and in the option objective or Destiny, you can remove all text that is displayed after the .exe extension.
- Once you have done it, you need to press on the option To accept.
- From this point on, you must continue to carry out these steps that are specific to each browser:
For Internet Explorer / Microsoft Edge
- First, enter your browser and go to the configuration section of Add-ons.
- At this moment, locate the one with the name of the threat, and click on the option To disable.
- Now, head over to Browser options. When you are there you can modify the default home page to the browser you normally use. At this point, you just need to apply the changes.
For Mozilla Firefox
- The first thing is to open your browser and go to the three-line menu of the settings.
- Next, you have to scroll to the option Accessories.
- When you are in the section of Extensions You must find the one that corresponds to the name of the threat you are trying to eliminate and proceed to uninstall it.
For Google Chrome
- Click on the Chrome menu button in the Google Chrome browser.
- After this, the options of Tools and then that of Extensions.
- Locate the Delta Homes extension and remove it by clicking the Trash icon.
Another way to remove malware in Chrome is as follows:
- In this case you must go to the route C: / Users / !!!! USER NAME !!!! / AppData / Local / Google / Chrome / User Data.
- Inside this folder there is another with the name Default, which must be renamed.
- Then, you just have to proceed with the browser restart.
It is appropriate to bear in mind that, sometimes, the add-ons, extensions or add-ons that are installed are several and not just one.
Check and reset network settings
It is very likely that this type of virus in some way causes alterations in your network configuration, such as in the DNS server where the threats name queries are resolved of domains and thus try to redirect you to other dubious web pages.
It is recommended that you check and reset your network settings through the following steps:
- First, look in Start or Cortana for the Network connections and open that system utility.
- Next, you have to press on the right button of your network adapter (network card). You might have two, one for RJ-45 cable and other Wi-Fi. You should be sure which one you are using at the moment.
- Next, you have to go to the option Properties.
- At this time, locate Internet Protocol Version 4 (ICP / IP).
- Then you need to click Properties.
- Now on the line DNS You should have the automatic option configured, if not, you must proceed to configure it.
- At this time go to Advanced to enter the advanced options.
- Make sure there is nothing in the DNS section, you have to delete everything that exists there.
- To finish, click on okay and in this way it will be ready.
To get everything to work normally again you have to restart your web browser. To do this, depending on the browser you use, you have to follow the following steps:
How to restart Google Chrome
- First, go to the settings menu in the upper right corner.
- Once inside the menu, press Setting.
- Now scroll down until you reach the bottom of the page that appears and you will see a menu with the Advanced Options that you must display so that you can see all the options.
- Finally, click on Restore the original default settings.
How to restart Mozilla Firefox
- The first thing is to enter your browser and write in the address bar: about: support.
- This will direct you to the configuration page.
- Once you are inside it you have to press the button Refresh Firefox.
How to restart Internet Explorer / Microsoft Edge:
- First of all, you have to right-click on the Windows start menu symbol.
- Then click on the option Applications and Features.
- Once inside, you have to search for Edge in the list or with the search engine.
- When you find it, select that entry and you can see that it appears Advanced Options. You have to click on it.
- Finally, in the new window you must click on the button Reset or Reboot.
After performing these last steps, you shouldn’t have any problems. If this happens, it is possible that there are hidden remains in the system and they have to be located to proceed to eliminate them.
To do this, what you need to do is download a malware removal program completely free of charge and then scan your computer for possible remains. Here are some of the most proven antimalware programs:
Zemana AntiMalware Portable
- The first thing to do is download Zemana.
- Next, you have to run the program.
- After this, press Scan so you can start the scan.
- You just have to wait for it to finish and once it has finished you have to press Next.
- First of all, you need to download Malwarebytes.
- Once done, run the downloaded .exe file, you have to accept and install it.
- At this point, you must run Malwarebytes.
- After this, press Scan now or scan now.
- Now, you have to wait for it to finish and then select all the detected infections.
- To finish, press the button to quarantine and then you must accept.
- Initially you have to download HitmanPro.
- Then, you must install and run the program that you have downloaded.
- Now, click on the option Next for the analysis to begin.
- You have to wait for it to complete and click on Next in order for the malicious code detected to be erased.
- Then you have to proceed to activate the Free License for a period of 30 days.
- Finally, the program will allow you to eliminate detected infections.
- First you have to download AdwCleaner.
- Then run the .exe file. If you have Windows Vista / 7 or 8, press right click and choose the function Execute as an administrator.
- Now you must click on the button Scan, and wait for the process to be carried out, immediately afterwards click on the option Clean up.
- You just have to wait for it to finish and follow the instructions.
- In case it shows Reboot the system you have to accept.
- If you have the Avast antivirus program installed, you must temporarily disable the Avast real-time shield.
- Next, you need to download ZHPCleaner on the desk.
- You can run the .exe. In case of using Windows Vista / 7 or 8, press the right click and select the function Execute as an administrator.
- At this time, you must accept the License.
- After this, click on the button Scanner, and wait for the process to complete and immediately click on the button Repair.
- Wait for the process to finish and follow the instructions, if asked Reboot the system you must accept.
It has been possible to verify the various methods that you have at your disposal to remove Delta Homes from the home page both from your system and from each of the most widely used browsers on the web.
In addition to this, there are some widely used malware removal tools to permanently clean any traces that have been hidden on your computer.