The error 0x80070424 It is a problem that usually occurs in Windows and can occur for various scenarios. The error may appear when using Windows Update, Microsoft Update, or when trying to change Windows Firewall settings. This error does not allow you to enable or disable Firewall on your PC.
When is error 0x80070424, on your pc Windows Firewall may not appear in Services.msc, You will not be able to change the Windows Firewall settings and this error message may appear when you restart your PC, “Could not find the base filtering engine service in the system”.
When we update our system, we can also find ourselves facing the Windows update error 0x80070424 which is an error linked to the independent installer of Windows update.
To resolve error code 0x80070424, here are some of the best solutions to fix this problem.
Use the Windows Update Troubleshooter
Windows 10 has a troubleshooter that is used to carry out a complete analysis of the present problems and apply solutions or give us instructions on how to correct them.
- To use this option we will go to the Windows menu and click on Setting.
- Once there, we will Update and security
- In the displayed window we will go to the section “Solve problems“And we will click on the option”Windows update“And the” Run the troubleshooter “button will be activated.
How to fix other common errors in Windows:
Run SFC and DISM
Many times the Windows update error 0x80070424 is generated by system files that are damaged and, therefore, this tool can solve the problem.
To run the SFC scan:
- Press Windows + S and write cmd .
- When you have the results, right click on Symbol of the system and choose Execute as an administrator
- In the new window, write sfc / scannow and press Enter .
Now we have to wait for them to be restored. We recommend restarting your computer before verifying that the error has been resolved.
For its part, to execute DISM we must:
- Press Windows key + X and run as administrator the Symbol of the system
- Now you must paste the following command:
- DISM.exe / Online / Cleanup-image / Restorehealth
Install system files
When downloading and installing new Windows updates you must have a number of important system files (.dll format). In the case of not having them, it can give us the error 0x80070424, so you must follow these steps:
- Command Windows key + R to open Run.
- Write the following line by line and click To accept:
- regsvr32 Qmgr.dll / s
- regsvr32 Qmgrprxy.dll / s
Now you must restart your computer and try to update to verify that everything is solved.
Install Windows Firewall again
If the error 0x80070424 appeared in the Base Filtering Engine Service there is file corruption so we recommend downloading the Firewall again and making it a file from a trusted website. Once downloaded, extract the zip and place it on your desktop.
- You must confirm the installation of each file by double clicking on the two files one by one. Once installed, restart your PC and click the start button. Find the file type and run it.
- When the window appears Run, writes REGEDIT and click To accept.
- After that, from the left sidebar, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetservicesBFE.
- Then right click on the BFE folder and choose the permission. Then click the button Add and type all, then press okay to confirm the settings. Here you will see the added field ‘all’.
- Then, in the next permission panel, check the box that says Total controlHe accepts. Now close the window and go to the menu. Writes services msc.
- This will open the service window. From the search list for Base filtering engine file, right click on it. Now search for Windows Firewall and see if you can change the settings. This procedure is likely to resolve the error code 0x80070424 on your PC.
These are some of the best steps you can take to solve this error. Hopefully you can solve it as it is quite annoying.