- 1 Vcruntime140.dll
- 2 Causes of vcruntime140.dll error
- 3 Fix vcruntime140.dll missing error in Windows 10
- 3.1 Reregister the vcruntime140.dll file
- 3.2 Check system files
- 3.3 Reinstall Visual C ++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015
- 3.4 Manually Download and Replace the vcruntime140.dll File
- 3.5 Update to the latest version of Windows 10
- 3.6 Reinstall the application you are trying to run
- 3.7 Recover the vcruntime140.dll file with a file recovery application
The message notifying that the vcruntime140.dll file not found, It is an error that can occur on the computer running the Windows operating system. This problem can appear at any time, such as after a system update or when trying to run a specific program. The pop-up window reports that the file cannot be found and suggests the user to download the vcruntime140.dll file. But before making a download it is advisable to know which is the correct version for your computer’s operating system.
There are several solutions to fix this error without requiring technical assistance. It is only necessary that you read the instructions carefully and follow the steps one by one, so that you can add a working version of the .dll to your operating system again, to solve the problem and that the system works correctly.
This is a file that is used by Visual C ++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. The program that requires it installs the C ++ file package, and the separate C ++ files are responsible for executing the program that requires them and its components, ensuring its proper functioning. Due to this, when some of the files that are part of the C ++ package are accidentally deleted, become corrupted by any cause or fail when required, the program that requires C ++ will not be able to respond and will cause the failure with this error.
Causes of vcruntime140.dll error
The most common causes of this error are as follows:
- The file has been deleted or has become corrupted: One of the main causes for this error is that this .dll file that is required by an application has been deleted. If this file is not in the system, the application you are trying to use will not be able to start, so it must be restored or re-downloaded.
- Known bug with Adobe Creative Cloud: This is a very common error in Adobe applications, which presents a problem with the Creative Cloud. This flaw started to show up after they migrated from the established Visual C ++ runtimes.
- Visual Studio 2015 files that are corrupted or missing: The vcruntime140.dll file is related to Visual Studio 2015. It may be missing from your system or may have been corrupted from any cause.
- The system is infected with a malware: There is a possibility that the system is infected with a virus or malware. As a result of this the file may be corrupted or damaged.
These are not all causes of this error, but they are the most common. However, this error that is easy to correct with the methods that exist to do it.
Fix vcruntime140.dll missing error in Windows 10
To solve the problem of missing the vcruntime.dll file on Windows There are several methods, which can be tried when this error message appears. Each of these are simple to perform. To be able to execute them, it must be done through the Administrator account, since it is necessary to carry out modifications to the system.
Reregister the vcruntime140.dll file
To solve this problem, you can re-register the file. To do this, the following steps must be followed, trying to execute each of the instructions correctly:
- Press the Windows + R keys on the keyboard, in order to open the Run tool. In the input box type cmd, and press the Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys, to start the Command Prompt run with Administrator permissions.
- In case the system requests it, you must allow the command to make changes to the device by selecting the corresponding option.
- The first thing you should do is unregister the file. This can be done by typing the command regsvr32 or vcruntime140.dll and then pressing the Enter key.
- Then it is necessary to register the file again, using the following command: regsvr32 vcruntime140.dll and pressing Enter.
- Then you must close the command window and try to run the application where the problem is occurring again.
Check system files
Windows 10 has a tool included by default to check system files, known as SFC scan, which is a quick and easy way to automatically fix corrupted dll files and other related problems.
The way to run this tool is as follows:
- Press the Windows and R keys on your keyboard to launch the Run tool. Type cmd in the search box and press the Ctrl plus Shift plus Enter keys, in order to open the Command Prompt with Administrator permissions.
- Allows changes to be made to the system.
- Type the following command and hit the Enter key: sfc / scannow
- You must wait for the System File Checker to finish analyzing the computer. In the event that you find any type of error, it can be fixed automatically, using the SFC command itself, which can also be used to fix some errors related to it. vcruntime140.dll error.
Reinstall Visual C ++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015
Other recommended options are based on downloading Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable 2015 and installing it again when an error occurs with the vcruntime140.dll file or related to it. To test this solution you need to download the appropriate files directly from the Microsoft website.
When the file has downloaded, it must be opened to start the installation wizard. You must accept the terms and conditions of the program and then click on the Install option. Wait for the installation process to finish. When finished, the computer may need to be restarted, then launch the application in which the error was occurring with the vcruntime140.dll file to verify that it has been fixed.
Manually Download and Replace the vcruntime140.dll File
If he error with vcruntime140.dll file It is presented only with a particular application, you can download it manually and install it in the specific directory of the application. This procedure is very simple, but it must be taken into account that it only serves to solve the error in an application, instead of being a solution if the error occurs at various points in the system.
- You must first download the vcruntime140.dll file, selecting the appropriate version for your computer, either 64-bit or 32-bit.
- A ZIP file will be downloaded that can be opened using the WinRAR or 7zip application. Open the file and copy or move the vcruntime140.dll file to the installation directory of the application that is experiencing problems.
- Replace the original file in the destination folder.
- Then you should try to run the application where the error occurs, after replacing the file vcruntime140.dll. In the event that the error has been solved, you can follow these same steps to solve the problem in each of the applications where it occurs.
Update to the latest version of Windows 10
Sometimes just updating to the latest version of Windows 10 is enough for any error that occurs with the file vcruntime140.dll is solved. In addition, there is the additional advantage that you have access to new functionalities and tools, as well as having the equipment with greater security and much more optimized.
To update follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings option using the start menu or through the Windows plus I keys.
- Click on System update and security.
- In the tab corresponding to Windows Update, click on Check for updates.
- If there is a new update, select the Install option.
- After the latest update that Windows 10 is available, start the application in which the vcruntime140.dll error was occurring, to verify that it has been fixed.
Reinstall the application you are trying to run
If all other solutions are not successful, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the application that is not running due to vcruntime140.dll error.
This process is very easy to do:
- In the start menu go to the Configuration utility and click on Programs.
- Find the application in which the error is occurring and click on it to open the options menu. Select the Uninstall option and follow the on-screen instructions step by step.
- Download the application and install again. It is possible that the error has been fixed and you can start without problems after the installation is complete.
Recover the vcruntime140.dll file with a file recovery application
If for any reason you do not want to perform any of the previous steps or they do not give the expected result, you still have another way, which is to try to recover the vcruntime140.dll file using an application to recover files, following these steps:
- You must first download the application that will allow you to recover the missing file, in this case the application SFWare and proceed to install it on the computer. Then run the application, carefully following the instructions on the screen.
- Select the Recover files option that appears on the main screen. Then click on Deleted file recovery or Lost File Recovery on the screen, depending on the situation that caused the loss of files.
- The list of units is displayed on the next screen that appears. Select the driver where the dll files are stored.
- Then you must select the files you want to recover, checking the corresponding box. This starts a unit scan.
- When the analysis is finished, all the files that have been recovered can be seen in Data type and File type view.
- If among those files there is vcruntime140.dll save it to the correct location, which is usually the same folder where the application’s .exe file is located.
This file recovery application can be used smoothly on any of the Windows versions, including old versions such as Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003, Server 2013 and Windows Server 2008 Operating. It also helps to recover files from other types of ZIP files, PST files, PPT files, and many other data that can be recovered in no time.
Applying some of the solutions mentioned above should help to fix the error vcruntime140.dll is missing on a Windows 10 computer. Generally, in most cases, when the Visual C ++ installation repair is done or reinstalled, the errors that occur with this file or with any other dll are solved .
But it may also be the case that it is necessary to remove the application that is presenting the problem and reinstall it. Errors with this type of file do not in themselves represent irreparable damage to the system, but they do cause discomfort and cause a series of inconveniences.
Keep in mind that when a dll file on the computer, it is a sign that there may be other possible problems that are causing the loss of files on the computer. For this reason, it is important to carry out frequent maintenance to the operating system, keeping Windows up to date, in order to have the correction of errors. Furthermore, regular scans should also be performed to remove any malware that could put the computer at risk.
All the methods that were presented to solve the error the file vcruntime140.dll is missing They can be performed by any user, so they do not have experience in the system, but in the event that none of the results are found, it is advisable to go to a specialized technician to determine why this error occurs.