Currently, different computers, smartphones and Smart TVs include the adaptive brightness function. With this adjust the amount of brightness on the screen according to the light conditions in the environment where the person using said device is, but this function is not always well received. It may be that the brightness analysis does not quite adapt to the environment or that you simply like to always work with the same lighting. If this is your case and you just don’t fit in with this function, disable adaptive brightness in windows 11 with adaptive features and regain control of your computer.
You will be able to verify that it is something really simple to do, but in addition to telling you how to do it, we are also going to mention some advantages of this mode and how to prevent it from failing by calculating the appropriate brightness for your screen. This way you will know how to correct the configuration according to your interests at all times.
Why is adaptive brightness activated in Windows 11?
A laptop with Windows 11 varies the level of light on the screen for two main reasons, the first is the one that occurs in most cases and it has to do with energy profiles. The second has to do with the light sensors that may include the screen, managed by an operating system service.
Whatever your case, we will help you disable adaptive brightness in windows 11 of the two available ways, allowing you to be the one to choose the correct brightness level with which you can work, play or entertain in a comfortable way.
Disable adaptive brightness with power options
Power options allow your notebook to maintain a balance between conserving battery usage and overall component performance. Therefore, the screen may become dim when the laptop is disconnected from the power source or after a while in stand-by, so the system does not consume as much battery and you have more hours of operation without having to reconnect it.
To deactivate this you must follow the following steps to the letter:
- go to Setting power optionsyou can find the battery icon in the lower right area of the Windows 11 interface. Right-click on this icon and select that option.
- Within this interface select Power and sleep settings.
- You’ll see several power options available, from the saver plan, medium performance, and high performance. If you do not want to have problems with automatic brightness in Windows 11 try to select the high performance plan.
- Selecting this plan, now click on Change advanced power settings.
- now go to Screen and you will find the option Deactivate either Activate customizable brightness.
- Choose Deactivate.
With this the problem of adaptive brightness will be solved and also your laptop will have a better performance. You will be able to verify that the brightness is no longer modified when you change the setting, something that many appreciate when working.
Disable adaptive brightness by disabling the use of the light sensor
There is a second way to disable this adaptive brightness. All you have to do is disable the service that causes the screen to dim in low light or display a vibrant glow in low light. The procedure is the next:
- press on your keyboard Windows and R at the same time.
- In the box that appears write services.msc
- Search among all the services for one called Sensor Supervision Service.
- Select that service with a right click.
- Now select Properties.
- Select among the available tabs the one that says General.
- go to Start Type.
- Choose disabled.
Click OK and restart your computer so that the service that scanned the level of ambient light available through the sensor is inoperative, as is the sensor. Once you restart the computer you will be able to verify that this service no longer affects the brightness of the computer. You can activate it again at any time, so if you regret the change, you will know that it is still available.
Quickly disable brightness if you have Intel HD Graphics
Finally, in case you have graphics provided by Intel, there is a shortcut to disable this changing brightness system. We share the step by step of this trick:
- Enter the Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel from the right and lower area of the interface of your computer.
- Go to the section Energy.
- choose Maximum Performance.
With this immediately the adaptive brightness will be paused without having to do any extra procedures. However, another point you can try, in case you need adaptive brightness to pause for now and fast, is connect the power adapter to the computer.