- 1 Recover PlayStation Network password
- 2 How to change the password of the PSN account
- 3 Problems preventing password recovery
- 4 Conclusions
It is common for many PlayStation 5 users to forget the password they used to create their account on the PlayStation Network and therefore not have access to it. However, you should know that there are several methods available to achieve a reset, and for this reason this article explains how to retrieve account password on PlayStation Network.
Recover PlayStation Network password
In case of loss or forgetfulness of the password for your PSN account you have to look for the necessary procedures to recover it; This can be done from the console and also from computers, mobile phones and tablets. The steps that need to be carried out in each procedure are listed below in order to be able to recover your account from your PlayStation Network password.
Recover PSN account password from computer
The indications that must be followed in order to recover PSN password from computer are as follows:
- The first step that needs to be done is to go to the PlayStation Network page and log in in the upper right corner.
- Once you have entered the page, the next step is to enter your email and then press Next.
- At this moment, when you have to write the password you must click on the option Problems logging in?
- Next, you need to click on Reset your password.
- After this, you have to select that you want a link to be sent to your email in order to be able to reset the password, for this you must click on Send an e-mail.
- The next step is to access your email account and click on the link sent to recover the password. If you can’t find it, check that it’s not in the folder unwanted mail or spam.
- Now, what you have to do is complete a series of data such as the date of your birthday and click on Continue.
- In the event that you do not know any of the requested information, you can choose another method and in the same way click on Continue.
- At this point, you already have the possibility to configure the new password, typing it twice and then you have to press the button. To accept.
- Finally, the new password will have been reset and with this recent data it will be possible for you to enter the PlayStation Network.
In this way, you will have the possibility to generate a new password and enter PSN with these new data.
Recover PSN account password from PlayStation 5
The process for reset a password on your PlayStation 5 It consists of the steps described below:
- First of all, you must select the menu Settings that you can find in the upper right corner.
- Once inside the menu, you have to choose the tab Users and Accounts from the list that will appear on this screen. Then you have to select the function Bill.
- Next, you need to select the option Log in.
- When you are at the login screen, you will need to press the triangle button on the DualSense controller.
- In the pop-up screen, you need to press on the option Next in order to start the reboot process.
- From this moment, you have to be attentive to an email that will be sent to you with a secure link. This message will be forwarded to the email address that was registered on your PlayStation 5.
- Once you have received the email, you just need to follow the instructions included in it to complete the process of resetting your password.
Recover PSN account password through PlayStation app
In case you want recover the password of your PSN account from your mobile phone or tablet, you can do it using the official PlayStation app for Android and iOS, and following the steps explained below:
- First of all, you have to install the PlayStation App on your device, launch and press the blue button Continue.
- After this, you have to choose the option Confirm.
- At this moment you have to press the button Login issues and then you must click on the function Reset your password.
- Now your device’s default browser will open.
- Once inside the browser, you have to enter the email address Login ID email associated with your PSN account in the text box and then press the blue button Send an e-mail.
- After a few minutes you will receive a message to the email address, click the button Change Password, and select one of the available methods for identity verification (for example, date of birth) and then tap the button Continue.
- At this point you must provide the requested recovery information and press the button Continue.
- On the new page that will be presented, enter the new password that you want to associate with your PSN account by typing it in the text fields Password and Re-enter password.
- Finally, you just have to click on the button OKAY.
Of course, if you have logged in on other devices, you will need to log back into your PSN account on those computers with your recent login details.
How to change the password of the PSN account
The password for a PSN account can be managed by the user, independently and directly from game consoles, also from computers through the use of a browser, or also through a special PlayStation application, to be used on mobile phones or tablets.
To achieve the indicated change, it is necessary to execute certain procedures that must be followed carefully and that will be described below.
Change your PSN account password from the console
The procedure to achieve changing the PSN password from the console consists of the following steps:
- The first step that has to be carried out is to turn on the PlayStation 5 and enter the menu of Settings.
- Once you are inside the menu, the next step is to access the section Users and accounts.
- Next, within this section, you need to select the option Security.
- After this, you will see that a section appears in the new window that says Password.
- Now, you have to enter there and, finally, from here you can modify the password by completing the corresponding data.
Change the password of the PSN account from the mobile
When you want change PSN password from mobile, The steps you have to take to achieve this are indicated below:
- First of all, you need to go to the PlayStation Store page and download the playstation app and then enter it.
- When you are inside the application you have to click on the icon Setting.
- Next, you have to press on the option Account information.
- At this time a different screen will be displayed. You must click on the menu with the top three lines.
- The next step is to enter the section Security.
- Now, you have to press on the option Edit found in section Passwords
- The final step is to change your PlayStation Network password. completing all the requested information.
Change your PSN account password from your computer
In case you want change the PSN password from your computer, you have to execute the steps outlined below:
- The first step to take is to enter the PlayStation Network and log in.
- Once you are in your account, you have to click on the option Account settings.
- The next step is to click on the section Security which is located in the side menu.
- Next, a pop-up message will be presented indicating that you will be directed to another page.
- At this point you must click on Continue.
- After this, you have to access the section Password in order to change it.
- Finally, it is necessary to complete the corresponding data to get the password to be modified.
With the application of these processes, you will have the necessary information to change the password of PlayStation Network from the console, mobile or computer in order to allow you to carry out this action whenever you want and from the device that best suits your needs.
Problems preventing password recovery
There are a variety of problems that could arise when trying reset your PlayStation Network password, some of them are listed below.
If you are under 18 years of age
In these cases, a relative is required to be the administrator and it is he who can proceed with the recovery of the password of the minors’ account. To achieve this you have to request a family member who is administrator and log in through account management.
- Once you have logged in you must go to the option Bill.
- Next, you have to select the title Family management.
- When the administrator enters this menu, he can click on your Local user and thus reset the password.
When you receive a password reset email that you have not requested
If you are notified in the email message that PSN has reset your PlayStation password, you have no reason to worry. LAccount passwords are reset on a regular basis, therefore, it is possible to guarantee the privacy of the account.
On the other hand, if the email message does not give any indication that PSN has reset your password, it is very likely that another external person is trying to access your account.
So you can ensure the privacy of your PlayStation account, you need to follow these steps in detail:
- The first thing is to immediately change the password of your ID account. In case you have problems getting it, you should contact your provider as soon as possible.
- If you cannot change your account password, you need to contact PlayStation Support.
You have no information for verification
It is essential that you have the ability to perform proper identity verification so that you can reset your PlayStation password. This will ensure that you can keep the privacy of your account well protected.
For this, you have two processes so you can verify an account effectively:
- One is with the confirmation of the user’s date of birth or through a text message with code.
- The other is by email.
If you are unable to verify your identity through the above methods, you must contact PlayStation technical support, taking into consideration the following information:
- Login ID, considering this is the email address that was supplied when the account was created.
- It is also required to have a copy of a document that allows your identification. Such as the driver’s license or the passport.
There are various procedures for recover the password for your PlayStation Network account, as well as to change it when the user requires it. These methods can be performed from the console, the computer or mobile phones and tablets.
In addition, there are problems that occur frequently when trying recover the password of the PlayStation Network account, although the ways you have to try to find a solution to these problems are simple.