- 1 View purchase history
- 1.1 How to view your purchase history from the PlayStation Store
- 1.2 There is another way to view your purchase history without having to go to the PlayStation Store, and to get it you must follow the process whose instructions are described below: The first thing is to look on the home screen, the menu of Settings in the upper right, and represented by the gear symbol. Once you have entered that menu, you have to go to the bottom to press on the section User and accounts. Within this section, you must first choose the option Bill, located on the left side and then the option Payments and subscriptions that you can locate on the right side of the same screen. Finally, in the menu that will be shown, you have to choose the option Transaction history. How to organize your purchase history on PlayStation 5
- 2 How to make purchases on PlayStation 5
- 3 How to enable password protection
- 4 How to request a refund for a purchase on PlayStation 5
- 5 Prevent Sony from rejecting a purchase refund
- 6 Conclusions
One of the facilities that the PlayStation 5 offers to users is the ability to purchase games, as well as add-ons and updates through the network at the PlayStation Store. This represents an advantage, but it also requires adequate control of the transactions that are carried out and for this, this guide explains how to view purchase history on the PlayStation 5 with all the details and specifics.
View purchase history
Through the PlayStation 5, it is possible to view the history of purchases that have been made in the PlayStation Store. There are two ways to do it, one from the system menu and the other by entering the store.
The necessary steps to be able to do both procedures are explained below:
How to view your purchase history from the PlayStation Store
To view purchase history or transactions that you have carried out in the PlayStation Store by entering the store, the procedure is:
- First, from the home screen, you have to scroll to the left and then click on the icon of the shopping bag corresponding to the PlayStation Store.
- Once you are inside the PlayStation Store menu, navigate up until you find several options and then to the right you must select the symbol of the three dots.
- Next, in the menu that will be displayed, you need to select the name option Transaction history.
Once you have located yourself within the menu corresponding to the Transaction history, you will be able to view and order purchases made from the PlayStation Store. To do this, it is necessary that you carry out each of the steps indicated below:
- When you are inside the menu Transaction history, you must choose a user account. You have to be sure that you have chosen the email that is added to the purchases that you are interested in viewing.
- After having selected your user account, you must click on the function Continue which is located at the bottom.
- Now, a new menu window will appear Transaction history, in which you can set the time period for the purchases you want to see. The default value of this period of time is fixed in the last 30 days.
- At this time you will have the possibility to specify which is the start date of the period that you are going to review.
- When you have completed the process of setting the start and end dates to organize your PlayStation Store purchases, you must click on the option Continue located at the bottom.
- Now, on the screen shown below the menu Transaction history, You will be able to see all the purchases you made on the PlayStation Store during the period of time that you previously specified.
In this list, they are sorted from top to bottom from the most recent purchase to the oldest. This includes all direct purchases, as well as free game downloads and funds you’ve added to your PlayStation Store wallet.
This way you will have the possibility to review the date the purchase was made, a description of the product that was purchased and the amount of the transaction.
In addition to purchases made on the PlayStation 5, transactions made on other devices such as PlayStation 4 (PS4), PlayStation 3 (PS3), PlayStation Portable (PSP) and PlayStation Vita (PSV) will be reflected.
How to make purchases on PlayStation 5
The PlayStation 5 presents an innovative interface and, within these novelties, is the store to purchase Sony games and applications, known as the PlayStation Store.
In this new version, the store is incorporated into the video game system. Despite the facilities it offers, the changes can cause errors in old users of the platform. The process to make purchases in the PlayStation Store from the console consists of following the steps indicated below:
- First, from the PlayStation 5 home menu, scroll to the first option on the left and press X in order to access the store.
- Then, by pressing the triangle-shaped button, you will be able to access the PlayStation Store search tool, which allows you to consult the most popular game titles on the platform in real time.
- To enter the name of the game you are interested in, you must use the digital keyboard and then press R2 in order to continue.
- Now, on the screen of the game you want to buy, you have to click on the white button with the price to start the purchase process.
- The platform will direct you to the payment screen, where you will need to add a credit card in order to complete the transaction.
- Once you have purchased the game, you must go back to your screen in PlayStation Store and click on the option Download in order to start the game download process on your PlayStation.
- Finally, you need to click the button “”(the one in the control center) and you must go to the option Downloads / Uploads in order to continue the transferring process of your game, which may take some time depending on your internet speed and the size of the game file.
How to enable password protection
Enabling password protection to make purchases on the PlayStation Store through your PlayStation account is a really simple process. The steps necessary for you to carry it out are listed below:
- The first step that has to be taken is to head to the route Settings and then to the section Users and accounts.
- Now inside the function Bill, you have to choose the option Payment and subscriptions.
- Once you enter that option, you have to go to Purchase settings.
- Finally, an option of Request password at checkout. You simply have to enable this switch.
From this point on, every time you try to make a purchase on the PlayStation Store, your console will ask you to enter your PlayStation Network password.
This way you can be sure that only you make purchases on your console. Also, this is a good way to make sure you don’t make accidental purchases from your PlayStation Network account.
How to request a refund for a purchase on PlayStation 5
Currently, when you need to initiate a refund request you have to go to the PlayStation support page in your computer or mobile browser.
Before starting a refund process, it is important that you have the following information ready:
- Your PlayStation Network Online ID.
- The email address you associated with your account.
- Your birthday date.
- The name of the game or additional content that you want to refund.
The procedure for requesting Refunds requires the following instructions to be executed:
- The first thing to do is go to the refund request page from PlayStation.
- Once inside the page you have to click on the link Refund Chatbot.
- Starting in December 2020, the PlayStation support bot will ask you if the refund you are requesting is for the Cyberpunk 2077 game. If so, you must click on Yes and if not, click on No.
- At this time you must choose the option Request refund.
- After choosing the Refund Request you have to click on I’m ready.
- Here, the system will ask whether you or someone in your family is the owner of the PlayStation Network account. What you should do is click on Yes I am.
- Now you have to select the payment method (Amazon Pay, Credit / Debit Card, PayPal or PSN Card).
- You will be asked a question as to whether you are the owner of the payment source. You need to select Yes I am.
- In case you are not, click on No i’m not and make sure the owner is available to help you through the refund process. If you can’t, it is recommended that you make a note of their support ID and come back to the chat later.
- At this point you will be asked why you are requesting a refund. You must select the answer that is most appropriate.
- Next, you will be asked if the game or add-on has already been used or downloaded. In case the answer is Yes, then your request will no longer be processed.
- You must select the option No and you will be asked if this is the first time you have requested a refund through your account. If it is not, you will be asked why you requested the previous refund.
- Now, you need to write down the number of days that have elapsed since you made the purchase.
- Once the information is provided, you have to click on the option Next.
- If you require a connection with an agent personally through the chat, you can click on the option Connect to the chat.
The refund policy established by Sony stipulates that they will be issued in the original payment method when possible. Otherwise, the amount will be credited to your PlayStation Network wallet.
If the agent in person confirms that they will credit the refund to your PlayStation Network wallet, kindly try to ask if the refund can go to your bank account or PayPal. Having the money back is preferable to having it credited to the account, so asking for this does not hurt.
Prevent Sony from rejecting a purchase refund
There are conditions set by Sony, which can cause your refund request to be rejected, and therefore, you should be careful not to allow these conditions to occur, as this can result in the loss of time and money for you.
Some of the measures you can take to reduce the risk that your refund request will not proceed are described below:
Make sure to make your request within 14 days of purchase
Sony does not process refunds from the PlayStation Store if more than 14 days have passed from the original purchase date. If the game was pre-ordered and you haven’t downloaded it, you can give it a try. You just have to consider Sony’s right to reject your request.
It is recommended to disable the automatic downloads function
In most cases, downloading a well-selected game will prevent you from having to request a refund later. For this reason, it is advisable to deactivate the Automatic Downloads function of your PlayStation 5. This when you think that you may change your mind regarding a purchase.
To disable the Automatic Downloads function on your PlayStation 5 you must follow the instructions below:
- The first step is to open the menu Settings.
- Then you have to click on the tab System.
- Now you must select the path System software> System software update and configuration.
- At this point you have to disable the option Download update files automatically moving the slider to the left.
- Now, you need to go back to the screen of Settings.
- You have to press on the function Saved data and Game / app settings.
- The final step is to enter Automatic Updates, then deactivate Automatic Download and the Installation automatic in sleep mode sliding the controls to the left.
With this process you will have deactivated the previous settings and thus will prevent your PlayStation 5 from downloading and installing games and updates automatically.
You must know the available methods so that you can view your purchase history on the PlayStation 5, as well as knowing the procedures that have to be done to execute them.
There are several processes required for purchases on the PlayStation Store. In addition, the way to request refunds is simple when the products purchased are defective or unsatisfactory.