- 1 Set user password
- 2 Disable automatic login
- 3 Remove user password on PlayStation 5
- 4 Change user password on PlayStation 5
- 5 Alternatives to protect the account
- 5.1 Activate two-step verification on your PlayStation 5 account
- 5.2 Disable 2-Step Verification on PlayStation 5
- 5.3 Set up parental controls on PlayStation 5
- 5.4 Dtemporarily enable parental controls on PlayStation 5
- 5.5 How dfully enable parental controls on PlayStation 5
- 5.6 Set a limit on playtime on the PlayStation 5
- 6 Conclusions
Because the PlayStation 5 is generally shared with other users, there is a risk that one of them will accidentally or intentionally enter your account. The console has the appropriate functions to prevent this from happening. For this reason you have to know how to put user password on PlayStation 5 so that you protect your account from other users accessing your games and even the possibility of making purchases.
Set user password
You have the option of create a password to be able to access your PlayStation 5 user account. The process that must be done to protect the account with a password is:
- The first step is to go to the menu of Settings on the PlayStation 5.
- When you are in the menu you have to locate the option of Users and accounts to click on it.
- Once you have entered this section, you have to scroll to the section Startup Settings session.
- Next, you need to click on the option Set a PS5 login key.
- The final and very important step is to enter an access code and you must make sure that it cannot be shared with anyone else.
With the application of this process, you PlayStation 5 account It will be protected with an access code or password and in this way you will have the security that no other person can enter your account accidentally, or with intention.
In order to set this password to access your user account, you must first have disabled the function that allows you to log in automatically.
Disable automatic login
This is the preliminary task that needs to be performed in order to protect the user account on PlayStation 5. The procedure that must be carried out to achieve the deactivation of the Automatic Login function on the PlayStation 5 is:
- The first thing to do is go to the menu Settings on the PlayStation 5.
- Once you are inside the page, you have to locate option Users and account and then press on it.
- After this, within the Users and accounts section you must go to the function Startup settings from session.
- Finally, make sure that the lever that shows the option Log in to PS5 automatically is disabled.
When this option is no longer enabled, you will have the ability to create your user password to protect your PlayStation 5 account.
Remove user password on PlayStation 5
In case you have configured a password or code to access your PlayStation 5 account and if at any time you find yourself needing to delete it, you have to follow the steps explained below:
- First of all, you have to go to the menu Settings of the PlayStation 5, which is recognized by the gear icon.
- Once you have entered the menu, you have to locate the tab User and accounts, to click on it.
- After this, enter the users and account tab, then the section of Login settings.
- At this time, you will be shown an additional option available which is the Delete your PS5 login key.
- Then, to finish, you have to enter your existing login access code. And finally, you must click on the button To accept.
By executing this procedure you will have the possibility to log into your PlayStation 5 user account without having to enter a password.
Change user password on PlayStation 5
It may be the case that you require for some reason to modify the password or key to log in with your PlayStation 5 account and for this, the instructions that you have to comply with in order to change the password are listed below:
- The first thing you have to do is go to the menu of Settings of the PlayStation 5.
- After being inside the menu, you have to locate the tab User and accounts, and press on it.
- Then, within the users and accounts section, you need to go to Login settings.
- Once this is done, you will be presented with the option to Change your PS5 login key.
- Finally, you must enter your existing login password, and then you will enter the new password. Finally, you have to press the button To accept.
In this way you will have managed to modify the login key or password in your PlayStation 5 user account for a new one, in order to ensure your privacy.
Alternatives to protect the account
There are other different methods that can help you with the security of your PlayStation 5 account. You can use them as a complement in the account protection or as an alternative according to your interests and preferences. The following explains the processes to enable and disable some of these methods.
Activate two-step verification on your PlayStation 5 account
Among the security options that can be applied on the PlayStation 5 is the possibility of activating the two-step verification, in order to reinforce your security.
- The first step is to go to the main screen and once there you must enter the menu of the Settings.
- After this, you have to enter the section corresponding to Users and accounts.
- Once inside this section, it is necessary to first press on the option Bill and then in the option Security.
- Next, you need to click on Two-step verification in order to get your settings.
- At this time you have to select a verification method, it can be the text message or through the mobile application.
- In case of choosing the option of Text message You must have a registered phone number in order to carry out this task.
- At this time, you must choose the phone number and click on Next. Next, you have to write the code that you have received on your phone.
- After this, a series of codes will be shown that you have to take note of in order to log in when you cannot have the phone at your disposal.
- Once you have done it, it is important that you activate the box that you have written down and press the option Finished.
- Now, you need to log in with your PlayStation Network account as a security method in the procedure.
- The next step is to enter the verification code that you should have received on your mobile in order to confirm the number.
- After this, you will have achieved the activation of the two-step verification of your account and in this way, you can guarantee that it will be more protected.
- If you enter the security options again, you will see the Two-step verification.
In this way, by executing the previous procedure, you will have managed to protect your PlayStation 5 account quickly and easily.
Disable 2-Step Verification on PlayStation 5
It may be the case that for some reason you want to deactivate this security verification system.
- First of all, you have to enter the PlayStation 5 in the menu of the Settings.
- Once you have entered the menu, what you have to do is select the option Users and accounts found in the side menu.
- Then it is time to first press on the function Bill and then in that of Security.
- Now you must click on the section that corresponds to the Two-step verification.
- The next step is to click on the section State and then choose the function Inactive in order to get the function disabled.
- Finally, you will have the possibility to verify that the verification in two steps is already effectively deactivated.
With the application of this method it will no longer be necessary for you to apply this verification when you have to access your PlayStation Network service.
Set up parental controls on PlayStation 5
An aspect that is of great importance for parents is the possible communication that their children may have with strangers, as well as the risk that they may access a type of content that is not the most appropriate according to their age.
That is why it is advisable to have configured the Parental control on the console to avoid these dangers.
The procedure to be followed is:
- First of all, what you have to do is enter your PlayStation 5 and press on the menu of the Settings.
- Once inside that menu, the next step is to search among the options that are presented, that of Family and Parental Control and press to access it.
- Next, you need to click on the function PS5 console restrictions.
- At this point you will be presented with a new box in which you must write the restriction code. This code will be 0000, when it is the first time you enter.
- After this, you will see that a new screen opens in which you will be shown all the various parental control options that are available.
- The first aspect to choose is to indicate that you do not want new users to be created without your permission.
- The second of the options for parental control that you can configure is the one that refers to the appropriate age for games and applications.
- You should take into consideration that you also have the option to restrict the age in different sections.
- It should be noted that you have the possibility to deactivate these restrictions temporarily, by activating the corresponding tab.
- Finally, it is recommended that you modify your restriction password, so that you configure one that only you know.
- From this moment on, you can verify that parental control has been effectively applied to that account.
In this way, by carrying out these simple steps you will have the possibility to configure parental control on the PlayStation 5. All minors who use these accounts will find these restrictions.
Dtemporarily enable parental controls on PlayStation 5
Sometimes you will need to disable parental control temporarily, for this, you have to follow the steps:
- The first is to access the Settings from the console from the main screen.
- Once inside the menu, you have to choose the section of Family and Parental Control.
- At this time, it is necessary to click on the option PS5 console restrictions.
- Within this option, the next step is to enter the code that you have established for parental control.
- The final step is to proceed to activate the tab that indicates Temporarily disable restrictions on the PS5 console.
From this moment on, you will be able to see all the options that have been temporarily disabled.
How dfully enable parental controls on PlayStation 5
If what you prefer is to be able to completely disable parental control, the steps you must follow are those described below:
- The first necessary step is to enter the menu of the Settings.
- Within the Settings menu, you must enter the section of System.
- The next step is to press on Restart options, which is at the bottom.
- Next, you have to press on the section of Restore default settings. At this time, the security code has to be entered.
- Finally, you have to click on the option Restore. It should be noted that through this option all parental control restrictions will be eliminated in addition to all those settings, passwords and accounts that have been generated on the PlayStation 5.
- You should consider that, in your administrator functions, you have the possibility to deactivate certain general restrictive options or to certain users, thus deactivating parental control.
The application of this procedure allows you to activate or deactivate the parental control of the PlayStation 5 whenever you require it.
Set a limit on playtime on the PlayStation 5
Another way to protect your account is to establish a period of time during which it is possible to use the PlayStation 5. The steps necessary to activate a certain time limit for use from parental control are described below.
- First of all, what you have to do is enter the menu of the Settings.
- Next, you need to click on the option Family and parental control.
- After this, you have to press on the function Family management.
- At this time, you need to scan the QR code displayed on the screen, or access the link.
- Once you have done it, the next step is to set up a parental control account from PlayStation Network through the selected link, either for an adult or a minor depending on your need.
- Now, you need to select the option Confirm once you have entered all the data that refers to this account.
- Then, you will have the possibility to choose a time zone in which the time of use will be restricted.
- With the chosen time zone, you will be able to select the time zone that you prefer to restrict, as well as the other corresponding configurations.
- In order to complete the process, you have to select the role you want to create in this new account.
- Finally, you can access this newly created account from the PlayStation 5 and from there manage the time limit. This is a process that has to be executed whenever you need to apply it.
In this way, you will have set the appropriate time limit for yourself on the PlayStation 5 and you will ensure that the hours of play are the ones that best suit your interests.
Procedures are available that allow you put user password on PlayStation 5, in order to protect your account from unauthorized access that can enter your games and even make purchases from your profile.
In addition to this, there are other ways to ensure the protection of your PlayStation 5 account, which you can use as an alternative to using a password or function as a complement to strengthen the security of your data.