- 1 How to view your balance from PlayStation Store
- 2 View your balance from the PlayStation 5
- 3 How to add balance to the PlayStation 5 wallet
- 4 How to add balance using prepaid cards
- 5 How to request a refund of funds for the purchase of a digital game
- 6 Conclusions
Users who are frequent PlayStation Store shoppers find it very convenient to have funds in their PSN wallet, as they avoid using the card for every purchase. However, it is important to know the amount available to know if it is enough or if you need to add money to the account. For this reason, this guide explains how to see the balance on PlayStation 5.
How to view your balance from PlayStation Store
To view your balance and transaction history through the PlayStation Store, it is necessary to carry out the steps described below:
- When you are in the store, you must click on the icon of your profile. You can see that the upper area of the screen shows your account balance.
- Next, if you are interested in knowing what the money has been spent on, you need to click on the Transaction history.
- At this point you will have to establish a period of time in which you want to track all transactions made from the PlayStation 5.
- Finally, with this result you will have the possibility to check what the money has been spent on during the period of time you have selected.
In this way you will be able to know what is the balance you currently have on PlayStation 5 and all the transactions that were made in a specific period of time.
View your balance from the PlayStation 5
You can too view your balance and transaction history without going to the PlayStation Store. To do this, the process that has to be executed is the one explained below:
- The first thing is to go to Setting from the home screen. This option is in the top right of the menu, the one with a gear symbol.
- Once inside the Settings menu, scroll down and then choose the option Users and accounts.
- When you are in Users and accounts, you have to select the option Bill which is on the left side and then the option Payments and subscriptions located on the right side of the same screen.
- At this time you have to choose the option Transaction history.
Now that you are in the menu Transaction history, you will be able to see and order your transactions made in the PlayStation Store. To do so, you must follow the instructions indicated below:
- Once you are in the menu you must select a user account. Make sure to choose the email that is attached to the transactions you want to view.
- After you have chosen your user account, select the option Continue, located at the bottom.
- On the next menu screen Transaction history, you can set the time period for your transactions. By default, the time is set to the last 30 days.
- Now, you can set the start date.
- Once you have finished configuring the start and end dates in order to order your PlayStation Store transactions, click on the option Continue on the bottom.
- Then on the next menu screen Transaction history, A list of all the ones you made on PlayStation Store during the time period you set above will be displayed.
This list is going to present you from the newest to the oldest from top to bottom. Direct purchases, free game downloads, and funds added to your PlayStation Store wallet are included.
The transactions of PlayStation 3 (PS3), PlayStation Portable (PSP), PlayStation Vita (PSV) and PlayStation 4 (PS4) are also shown, in addition, those of PlayStation 5. In the list you can see the date of the transaction, the description of the product and the amount of it.
How to add balance to the PlayStation 5 wallet
To make sure there is money in your PlayStation account when you need it, you can easily add funds to your PlayStation 5 wallet from the payment methods you have configured.
If you are an adult who wants to fund their child’s account, you should know that you cannot specifically add funds to a minor’s PSN account, but they will be able to use the funds that are added to their family manager’s PlayStation.
From the PlayStation 5
The process to add these funds consists of executing the steps indicated below:
- First of all, you must click on the icon of Setting found on the home screen of your PS5.
- Then in the menu Setting Users and accounts must be located and click on it.
- Now you have to select the option Bill in the menu that appears on the left side of the screen and then you have to click on Payments and subscriptions, located on the right side of the screen.
- At this time, you must select Add funds and a list with the financing methods linked to your PlayStation wallet will be presented.
- If you do not have a linked payment method, you will be asked to enter one to add funds. Choose the method you want to use to add funds to your PlayStation wallet. In the next window they will ask you to choose how much money to add to your PSN wallet.
- Click on the menu that appears now, in order to see the options associated with the amount of money that you can add to your PlayStation wallet. As you will see, you cannot indicate a separate quantity to add and you must choose one that is on the list.
- To finish you have to click on Continue after making your selection. A window will appear asking if you are sure you want to add the selected amount to your PlayStation wallet. To confirm choose Yes.
- The new screen will confirm that you have added funds to your PlayStation wallet and will show you the current balance in your PSN wallet.
Via the PlayStation Store
- The first step is to enter the PlayStation Store website, and click on Log in located in the upper right of the screen.
- Then you enter your ID online.
- At this time, the option is selected Payment management.
- After this, press on Add funds.
- You may need to identify yourself again for security reasons.
- Now you will get several options to enter the balance in your account. You can add balance with your credit card, with PayPal or with a prepaid card.
How to add balance using prepaid cards
Prepaid cards or credit cards translate into money for the account and can be redeemed from the browser, using our PlayStation Store account, or from the console itself. It can also be from the PlayStation mobile application. Each process of the three options available to redeem gift cards is explained below.
If you open your account in the browser on the PlayStation Store you can redeem the cards. The balance that is synchronized is added automatically and you can have it.
- The first thing is to open the PlayStation Store in your computer’s browser.
- After this, you have to log in with your username and password.
- Next, you should go to the upper right corner.
- Tap on your avatar in order to open the drop-down menu.
- Finally, you must choose the option Redeem codes.
- At this moment a new menu will open where you can enter the code of your coupon or prepaid PlayStation card. Enter the corresponding numbers and click Next for the process to continue. When finished, the balance will be added.
From the PlayStation app
The playstation app he offers you functions such as chatting with friends, learning about game news and downloading games directly from your mobile, which are then automatically synchronized with your PlayStation 5 when you want to play. But it also allows you to redeem PlayStation gift cards or codes.
The steps you must take to achieve this are the following:
- First of all, you must install the PlayStation app, in case you don’t have it on your mobile. You can find it in stores App Store and Google Play Store.
- Then, click on the options menu.
- Choose the option Redeem code in the drop-down menu.
Now you will see an option with three boxes in which you will have to enter your 12-digit code or your prepaid PlayStation card number. When you have finished copying the number just tap on Next to move on to the next step and add the funds to your account, which you can then use to purchase games.
From the PlayStation 5 console
To do it through the current model, the steps are as follows:
- The first step is to open the PlayStation Store.
- Next, click on the icon with the three dots at the top.
- At this point the menu should be opened.
- After this, the option is selected Redeem codes.
- Now, you have to Enter the code and choose Exchange.
How to request a refund of funds for the purchase of a digital game
The application of return of funds Due to the purchase of a digital game it is done by means of a questionnaire. These are generally not accepted by Sony if you have already downloaded the game or if it has been 14 days from the date of purchase. The questionnaire on its customer service page is kept available for those special cases such as the game malfunctioning or its content is defective.
The procedure to carry out this request is as listed below:
- The first step to request a refund is to enter this web page arranged by Sony for this function.
- Once inside it, you have to access a form that you must complete.
- The first data are those associated with your user account, it must be the same account with which you bought the game you want to return.
- Next, under your account information, you have to indicate the type of content you want to return. To return a game, you must select the option Game content, that applies to games and DLCs. The form is also useful for requesting refunds on subscriptions, series and movie content, and reservations you have made.
- Now, you will go to the third part of the questionnaire. In it, you must write the name of the game or content that you are going to return, indicate the reason, the date of purchase, and the transaction ID. The reasons that you indicate can be several, from when you tried it and did not like it, until it does not work in the most appropriate way.
- Then, you have the possibility of completing an additional information field that you should pay attention to, since it will help you a lot to explain exactly what has happened.
- After completing the questionnaire, you only need to submit it. Here, Sony will take into consideration the information you have provided regarding the reasons, since, if you state that you have tried it and you did not like it, but it is detected that later you have been playing with it, it is obvious that you do not to allow to return it.
In the transaction ID field you will see a link that will direct you to the account manager, and when you enter the Transaction History you will see a list of your purchases. In this way, when you enter an item in the history you will see its transaction ID and the purchase date, which are two of the data that are requested in the form.
They are two methods for see the balance on the PlayStation 5, and the history of your transactions both from the console and through the PlayStation Store page. Both with really simple and quick execution procedures.
In addition, the ways that are available to add balance to your account are simple, as well as the necessary process to request a refund of funds for the purchase of a game, when you require it.