Currently PlayStation 5 is a game console in high demand, in which many users access every day, looking for a good time to play and share with friends, either playing with other players online or participating in a chat room.
PlayStation 5 allows you to add friends to your account, in order to play with them and to share information and data about the games. But the case may arise that you no longer want to have contact with these people, for different reasons, being necessary to know how delete friends on PlayStation 5 and prevent them from having access to your information.
When you no longer feel comfortable with a certain person that you have added to your account, it is best to delete that friend or contact. The steps to perform this action are very simple and it does not take much time to do it.
The steps you must follow to delete a friend on PlayStation 5:
- You must access the console and press the PS button, found on the controller, in order to open the lower menu. In this part you must select the Base icon of the game.
- The next step to follow is to select the option See all friends.
- This way you will be able to see the list of all the friends that you have added. Click on the one you want to delete.
- Next, you must click on the three-point menu, to see the list of available actions, and click on the Remove from friends option.
Delete friends on PS5 from the mobile application
If you want remove friends from PlayStation 5 using the mobile application, you must follow the following steps:
- Log in to the application, as you normally do. When you have started the session, click on the upper double side.
- The next step to follow is to click on the friend you want to remove from your PlayStation 5 account.
- After you have selected the friend to delete, click on the Friends icon, and in the menu that appears, select Delete as friend.
- A window will open in which you must confirm the action you are going to perform, so you must click Delete as a friend again.
Remove a player from a party on PlayStation 5
If you have created a group of friends on PlayStation, but you want to eliminate any of them, regardless of the reason, you must follow the following instructions:
- Select the player you want to remove from the member list.
- Then, click on the options button and then click on the Eject option.
- This way you will have eliminated a player from a playgroup on PlayStation 5.
Block or Unblock Players on PSN (PlayStation Network)
You can too block and unblock players on PlayStation Network (PSN). Keep in mind that when you decide to block a player, they will no longer be able to exchange friend requests, or send messages or invitations. Additionally, players you have blocked will not be able to perform any of the following actions:
- They will not be able to see your profile, the publications you make or your personal information.
- They will not be able to add you to other playgroups.
- In the event that another player adds a player that you have blocked in your group, they will not be able to communicate with you.
- They will also not be able to see your broadcasts or your game screen when using the Screen Share feature.
Block a player on PSN
To block a player on PSN follow these instructions:
First enter the PlayStation page and select the option Sign in, which is in the upper right part of the screen.
- Select the Friends option on the toolbar.
- Find the player you are going to block on your friends list or search for an ID online.
- When you are on the player profile page, click on More options and then on Block.
- In the event that you later want to unlock this player, you must enter the PlayStation page and log in.
- Then repeat the steps indicated above, only in the end, you must select the Unlock option.
Send a friend request on PlayStation 5
In the event that after delete a friend want to add it again, or simply want to add a friend or a player with whom you have shared a game, you can send them a friendship invitation. Keep in mind that as you add friends, your list of mutual friends will increase, which makes it easier to search for people you may know.
You just have to go to the profile of a player to add him as a friend, following these steps:
- You must first go to the console’s control center, which you can access when you click on the PlayStation logo on the DualSense controller.
- Now look for the Game Base option, which has an icon that represents the outline of a person. Select the Gaming Base option.
- Now click on the options button found on the DualSense controller, which is the one with a triangle shape, with 3 horizontal lines on top, and select Go to Game Base.
- Enter the player’s name or his online ID, you also have the option to check the list of players you’ve played with and your friends’ friends.
- Select the player you want to befriend, and you can see the player’s profile.
- Click on the Add friends option so that you can send the selected player a friend request.
- In case you want to get closer, select the option to Share his real name.
- In this way, the selected player will receive the friendship invitation, and if he accepts it, the system will add him to your friends list.
- Keep in mind that the search results will depend on the privacy settings that that player has.
This is the way that you can delete each of the friends you have on your PlayStation 5 account and that you no longer want them to continue to be in your account, either from the console or through the mobile application.