- 1 Log in manually
- 2 Sign in through the PlayStation app
- 3 Automatically log in to PlayStation 5
- 4 If you can’t sign in to PlayStation Network from PlayStation 5
- 4.1 Check the status of PlayStation Network
- 4.2 Verify your credentials
- 4.3 change your password
- 4.4 Check and reset your internet connection
- 4.5 Check if the system has updates
- 4.6 Restart the PlayStation 5
- 4.7 Disable media server connection
- 4.8 Change your DNS server
- 4.9 Restart your PlayStation 5
- 4.10 Report the problem to PlayStation Support
- 5 Conclusions
PlayStation Network is a Sony service that has a wide variety of useful functions. It is possible to connect to it in various ways that the PlayStation 5 system offers its users. In order for you to know them, this article describes how to log in to PlayStation Network from PlayStation.
Log in manually
The two ways available to sign in to PlayStation Network, They are the first manually from the PlayStation 5 console and the second is done through the PlayStation App.
The following explains the procedure to do it manually from the PlayStation 5 and consists of the following steps:
- The first thing to do when you first turn on the PlayStation 5 is to connect your DualSense remote controller to the console via a USB cable.
- The button must then be held down. $ until the light turns blue.
- After this you press on Add user to get the console controller to connect.
- At this point, all initial setup needs to be completed and make sure you have a good Internet connection.
- Then, it is necessary to proceed to update the system software to the latest firmware and from this point you will have the option to log in.
- In order for you to log into the PlayStation 5, what you need to do is enter your email address and password.
- Once this is done, you have to click on the button Login which will be shown below and in this way, the session will start.
Sign in through the PlayStation app
The process to be carried out to log in through the PlayStation app is the following:
- First, you have to connect the DualSense controller to the console via a USB cable.
- After this you must press on the PlayStation button until the light turns blue.
- Next, you have to press on the option Add user so that it connects with the controller.
- Then, the initial setup has to be completed and the Internet connection to be verified is adequate.
- At this time, it is recommended to update the system software and then log in through the option Start.
- Previously, you must have downloaded the PlayStation application on your mobile or tablet from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Once the download is done, you have to open the application and log in with the account you want to use on the PlayStation 5.
- The next step is to go to the icon of the Setting or Settings.
- At this point, you have to click on the option Sign in to PS5.
- In order to continue the setup process, the QR code that will now appear on the PlayStation 5 screen needs to be scanned.
- Once the process is done, the session will start automatically.
- Finally, you can verify that the new user is already registered and you will have access to the content of PlayStation 5.
With this procedure, you are already sure that you will have the possibility of logging into the PlayStation Network quickly and thus you will be able to have access to all the options that this service has.
Automatically log in to PlayStation 5
When you turn on your PlayStation 5 system you have to select a PlayStation Network account before going to the home screen. If you want to skip this additional step, you can apply the procedure to see how you can log in to the PlayStation 5 automatically. To do this, you must first enable Bluetooth and then the function that allows automatic login.
How to enable Bluetooth
The use of Bluetooth is required in order to configure the function of the login to PlayStation Network automatically. Bluetooth is enabled on PlayStation 5 by default. In order to verify that the wireless connection is activated, the following instructions must be followed:
- The first thing is to go to the home screen, which is the main menu that is displayed after turning on your PlayStation 5 and manually choosing your user account to be able to log in.
- Once you are on the home screen, you have to go to the menu Setting. Which you can find by the cogwheel icon, which is located in the upper right corner of the screen.
- After you have entered the menu Setting, you need to choose the option Accessories.
- When you are inside the menu Accessories, you have to select the option general located on the left side of the screen.
- On the right side of the same menu Accessories, options will be displayed Activate Bluetooth or Disable Bluetooth.
- Right now, in case you see Activate Bluetooth, you need to choose that option.
- Once you have entered the menu Activate Bluetooth, you must select the option Yes.
- From now on, when the PlayStation 5 system restarts, it will do so with Bluetooth enabled.
How to enable automatic login on PlayStation 5
To achieve the activation of the PSN auto login feature on PlayStation 5, this procedure should be carried out:
- The first step you have to do is turn on your PlayStation 5.
- Next, you will be shown the menu Welcome back to PlayStation, in which you have to select the PlayStation Network account, with which you want to start the session in automatic mode.
- Once you are inside the home screen menu, you must go to the menu of Settings.
- At this time, you must go to the menu Users and accounts.
- When you are in Users and accounts, you have to select the function Login Settings Enter the list of options presented on the left side.
- On the right side of the same menu Users and accounts, the option will be displayed Get into PS5 automatically.
- In case the switch located to the right of the writing is black, you need to choose the option Get into PS5 automatically in order to place the switch blank and thus enable that setting.
By applying this procedure the next time your system is turned on or restarted, it should automatically log you into the same account that is used to enable this feature.
Switch users with automatic login enabled
In case you have multiple user accounts on the PlayStation 5, but you want to continue using the automatic login function, just make the user change. To achieve this, the process explained below must be followed:
- First of all, you have to select your profile picture.
- Your profile picture can be found in the upper right corner of the home screen. Another way to locate it is by pressing the button $ on the DualSense remote to enter the control center and then select your profile picture in the lower right corner of the screen.
- In the new menu that will be displayed, you need to choose the option Change user.
- Having entered the menu Change user, You need to select the PlayStation Network user account to which you are interested in changing.
Automatically log in to PlayStation 5 with another user
The automatic login function can only be used for one user account at a time.
In case you want to change the account that logs in automatically:
- The initial step to take is to switch to the user account you want to automatically log in to.
- After this, you must go to the menu Setting located on the home screen.
- At this time, it is necessary that from the settings menu you go to the menu Users and accounts.
- Once you have entered the section of Users and accounts, you have to select the option Login Settings which is on the right side.
- Also on the right side of the same Users and Accounts menu, the option Get into PS5 automatically.
- The option Get into PS5 automatically it should be enabled. You need to select that option to be able to disable the settings so that the PlayStation 5 forgets the previous user account that was used for automatic login.
- At this time, you have to select the option again Get into PS5 automatically. From now on, the user who is currently logged into the PlayStation 5 will become the default account for the automatic login feature.
If you can’t sign in to PlayStation Network from PlayStation 5
On many occasions, users have reported inconvenience to log in on your PlayStation Network accounts. Here are several available ways to try to fix this problem, as well as the steps to do so.
Check the status of PlayStation Network
This is the first step that must be carried out before trying to do some kind of mediation on your console, and it consists of identifying if the origin of the problem is in the PlayStation servers. Luckily, PlayStation has a dedicated page to show the current status from PlayStation Network.
When there is a problem with the service, that explains why you cannot log into your account and in these cases, the best you can do is wait for the servers to come back online.
On the other hand, if you verify that there is no problem with the PSN servers, it is recommended that you continue trying the following methods explained below.
Verify your credentials
Despite being seen as very simple, practical experience has shown that it is an effective solution on any platform. If you can’t log into your PlayStation Network account, try checking to see if you are using the correct credentials.
It’s very easy to get your accounts confused, especially when they’re left logged into your device most of the time. Before you log in to your PSN account, it is recommended that you go back to verify username, the email and the password you are using, in order to make sure they are correct.
change your password
Another method you can try if you don’t have access to your PSN account is to change your password. It may be that you have changed your account password recently or that you have forgotten it completely. In either case, it will help you a lot to change your password permanently.
The process to follow to change the password for your PSN account:
- First of all, you must access the PlayStation Network login page by using any browser of your choice.
- Once you have entered the page, you have to click on the button Problems logging in?
- At this time, you need to select the option Reset your password and supply the email that was used to create the PSN account.
- Finally, you have to check your email and follow the instructions sent by PlayStation to reset your password.
Once you’ve done this, head back to your console and try logging into your PlayStation Network account.
Check and reset your internet connection
Because PlayStation Network is an online service, your Internet connection it could be the reason why your PSN account cannot be signed in. For you to verify this, it is recommended to run a speed test using the tool Fast.com for the purpose of determining the upload and download bandwidth of the network. If the result is that the problem is the network, you must restart the router in order to restore the connection with your ISP.
After restarting your network router, you have to perform another test in order to verify the proper functioning of your connection. On the other hand, if your Internet continues to show slowness in its operation, contact the service provider and make a request to repair the problem.
Check if the system has updates
Your PlayStation software version may be out of date, making it very difficult for your console to communicate with the PlayStation servers. In order to solve this problem, you should check if your console has pending updates to install and proceed to do so.
To update a PlayStation 5 you must follow these steps:
- The first thing you have to do in your PlayStation 5, is to go to the menu Setting and click on the section System.
- Once in this section, you must choose the option System software, then press System software update and configuration.
- Finally, you need to click on the function Update system software and then select the Update option Through Internet.
Once you have updated your PlayStation 5, you have to wait for it to initialize, then you should try to log in to your PlayStation Network account in order to verify if the problem is solved.
Restart the PlayStation 5
Another option you can try is to restart your console if you cannot access your PSN account or if some of the functions do not work. It is likely that an error or temporary failure has occurred on your PlayStation 5, causing it to perform a malfunction.
To restart your computer:
- The first step is to locate the PS button on the DualSense controller.
- After located, you have to hold it down in order to access the quick menu.
- Finally, you need to select the option Restart and comply with all the instructions that will appear on the screen.
You have to wait for your console to restart and try to access your PlayStation Network account again in order to verify if the problem is solved.
Disable media server connection
The connection of the media server on the PlayStation Allow other devices to connect to your console. However, it can also affect all other connections going out and going to your PlayStation device if there are any issues with it.
To try a solution to this problem, you have to disable the media server connection on your console and check if the problem goes away. The process necessary for you to achieve this is made up of the steps described below:
- The first thing is to go to the menu Setting from your console.
- Once you are in the menu you have to access the section Net.
- Finally, you must open the tab Media server connection and then deactivate it.
After you have disabled your media server connection, you need to try to log into your PlayStation Network account again.
Change your DNS server
Another possible cause why your network connection is working slowly may be due to faulty DNS servers. Your ISP’s default DNS may be experiencing some glitches right now, negatively affecting the quality of your internet.
To fix this, it is recommended to change the default DNS server on your console. The steps that must be taken to complete the process are described below:
- On your PlayStation 5, you must go to the menu Setting and then click on the option Net.
- Once inside the option you have to select the option Internet connection configuration.
- The next step is to choose the function Use Wi-Fi in order to connect to your network and then click on the option Personalize.
- Next, you have to configure the IP adress on Automatic and select Do not specify for him DHCP host name.
- At this time, you must choose the option Handbook for the DNS configuration and use the following DNS servers: Primary DNS – 18.104.22.168 and Secondary DNS – 22.214.171.124.
- For the MTU setting, choose Handbook and set the value to 1456.
- Finally, you have to click on Do not use for him Proxy server, and then choose Test internet connection.
When everything is properly configured, you must go back to the PSN login page and try to access your account.
Restart your PlayStation 5
In case none of the above steps worked, it is suggested that you reset your PlayStation 5 to the default values determined. Some of the settings on your console may have been changed, which can lead to a very slow Internet connection.
The procedure to be carried out for the restart is as follows:
- The initial step is to make sure that your Playstation 5 is completely off.
- After this, you have to hold down the power button until two beeps are heard. The second of the beeps should sound after about seven to eight seconds.
- This is the time when you should connect your DualSense controller to the Playstation 5 using the charging cable and then press on the PS button.
- Finally, you have to choose Reset PS5 and follow the instructions on the screen to continue.
After you’ve restarted your PlayStation, go back to the PSN login page and see if the problem is resolved.
Report the problem to PlayStation Support
When you’ve done everything you can to resolve the issue on your own and still can’t log into your PlayStation Network account, you should ask the technicians for help.
To do this, you must visit the page of playstation support and establish contact with the service team in order to communicate about the problem that has been happening with your account. You should make sure to supply all the details that are missing from your report, including your device model and account information.
You have been able to verify that you have two ways to log in to the PlayStation Network from the PlayStation 5, and both can be executed through very simple execution procedures.
In addition to this, you have a function that allows you to configure the console so that the login runs automatically and also with different methods to solve the problem of not being able to log in to PSN with the PlayStation 5.