- 1 Smartwatch apps
- 1.1 Bubble Cloud Tile Launcher Watch Face
- 1.2 Strava
- 1.3 Lifesum
- 1.4 Google Keep
- 1.5 Wear Audio Recorder
- 1.6 Wear Casts
- 1.7 Infinity Loop
- 1.8 Google Pay
- 1.9 Glide
- 1.10 7 minutes workout
- 1.11 Wear Store for Wear Apps
- 1.12 IFTTT
- 1.13 Google maps
- 1.14 Citymapper
- 1.15 Spotify
- 1.16 RunKeeper
- 1.17 Youtube music
- 1.18 Uber
- 1.19 Apple wallet
- 1.20 Shazam
- 2 Conclusions.
At present, every day the number of people who use smart watches or smartwatch is increasing. The increase is due to the fact that these devices have come to facilitate many aspects of life for their users.
If you want to know the best smartwatch applications, surely you must be interested in being able to use all the functions of the equipment as effectively as possible.
The variety of smartwatch applications covers a number of different topics such as exercising, listening to music, getting around, taking notes, paying and many more. Next, a list of the most recommended tools to be installed on your smart watch.
Bubble Cloud Tile Launcher Watch Face
Bubble cloud Tile Launcher Watch Face has become an ideal and recognized complement to make the launcher of your smartwatch. For this reason the number of its downloads has exceeded 500,000.
Among its main characteristics, the following stand out:
- The app includes a wide variety of themes for both square and dial smart watches. In them, it will be enough to illuminate the screen to have the information about the battery level of the clock and the mobile, the weather, date and number of steps taken during the day.
- In addition, you will have direct access to your favorite applications or that you use the most. You can also customize the brightness of the screen automatically or manually.
- Through this app you will configure the appearance of your smart watch as you wish regardless of the number of applications you have installed.
- You will also not have problems with the hardware of the equipment, be it camera, microphone or speaker, because it is capable of adjusting to each of them.
Strava is the most suitable complement for those smartwatch users who want to find all the data about their daily workouts or sports activities.
The most important functions offered by this application are:
- For its operation it is not necessary to have previously synchronized the watch with your mobile phone.
- With its use you will have the possibility of running, cycling, answering calls and even listening to music while you train.
- By using this app it is possible to keep a reliable record of your activity without depending so much on your mobile.
- In this way, you will be able to control data such as the distance traveled, your heart rate, the time spent, the laps taken, among others.
- You can also adapt the operation of the GPS in order to obtain more information about the routes created or followed when training.
- Available for Apple watch and Android Wear.
Lifesum is the ideal application to take care of your daily diet. Through its use, you can obtain the following benefits:
- You will be able to track and control your daily calorie consumption by entering each of the foods you eat. It even contains a barcode reader to simplify the process.
- With this function you will get more information and valuable advice on the foods to avoid and what would be the best diet to follow.
- In addition, Lifesum will facilitate the control of your body weight by indicating various recipes and recommendations of interest.
- It can also be synced with other apps like Google Fit or S Health. This way you will achieve better results in your physical progress, working together.
- The application is available for Apple watch and Android Wear.
Google Keep is the perfect app to collect information in notes or at the time of preparing lists of tasks to be carried out. To date, this application exceeds 500 million downloads.
The main advantages offered by the app are the following:
- With this application you will be able to create notes and thus you will be guaranteed that you will be able to remember all your activities.
- By synchronizing Google Keep with your mobile device or with your computer, you will be able to access all the information of interest that you have stored in your notes from your smart watch.
- The way of using this application is very simple. It allows you to take notes quickly when you do not have your mobile at hand.
- It will also be possible to use the microphone of your smartwatch, in order to dictate the notes to Google Keep and make it save your instructions.
- Available for Android Wear and Apple Watch.
Wear Audio Recorder
Wear Audio Recorder is the ideal application for those who prefer to speak rather than write. It’s about another option to save notes about things to do or other interesting information. Only available for Wear OS computers.
The benefits that users obtain with their employment are the following:
- Through it, you can make use of the microphone that your smart watch has built-in to record voice notes in a more practical, easy and safe way.
- All the information will be saved and you can listen to it later to remember it, take notes or send it to another person.
- This application is very useful to save recorded notes while you are away from home or doing exercises or other sports activities.
- Wear Audio Recorder is quite useful for taking voice notes, meetings, classes, or any type of conversation that can be recorded.
- This app is specifically recommended for journalism professionals, musicians, and students.
Wear Casts is the recommended application for those who prefer a good podcast when they are out walking, training or stuck in traffic. This way you can take advantage of your time listening to entertainment and training programs.
The main features of this application are:
- Wear Casts works autonomously, since it is not required to have a mobile phone working. It only needs to be previously synced in order to download podcasts on the smartwatch.
- According to the selected settings, the application will notify you about new podcasts. In addition, it will remove the ones you have already heard and generate automatic playlists.
- It can also remind you of the minute until which you played the podcast when you last listened to it.
- To use the Wear Casts app, you just need to have paired your smartwatch to a headset via Bluetooth.
- Available for Wear OS devices.
Infinity Loop is a game created in order to give you entertainment to smart watch users. Having exceeded more than 500,000 downloads shows that Infinity Loop is one of the most entertaining games available.
The features that stand out the most in this application are:
- The application is about a level game. In it you will have to generate an infinite flow line in each level to be able to move on to the next.
- With its use you will be able to put your ingenuity to the test. It is also useful when you have to wait hours and need a fun way to pass the time.
- For Android Wear users and Apple Watch.
The application Google Pay has a version that is compatible with smart watches. The most interesting functions it presents are listed below:
- Through its use it is possible to make payments through NFC.
- It is also very useful in the storage of transport tickets.
- This application is especially necessary for those users who are adapted to make payments with the mobile.
Glide is a app for smartwatch which has the following characteristics for its users:
- The application helps you to view and receive video messages on the watch directly.
- For its operation, it is important that you have synchronized it with the mobile app.
- At If your smartwatch has a camera or microphone, it will be possible for you to make videoconferences or audio recordings.
- Available for Android Wear and Apple Watch.
7 minutes workout
7 minutes workout is a app to exercise at home whose operation is possible from the smartwatch. Which is more practical than doing it with a phone in front of you. The advantages that this tool provides to its users are:
- It has an interface that is suitable for the small screen of the clock.
- Through it you can choose various training modalities.
- It also constitutes an accompanying app for the smartphone from which it will be possible to keep a record of all the activity.
- It is found for Android Wear and Apple Watch.
Wear Store for Wear Apps
Wear Store for Wear Apps is an essential application on your smartwatch, as it will make it easier for you to navigate on the Wear OS app store with some functionality. Its main characteristics are the following:
- With Wear Store you can download apps in a much simpler way.
- The only disadvantage is that it is not yet available in Spanish.
- This application is suitable for keeping up to date and finding new apps for your smart watch.
The name of this app for smartwatch comes from the English language “If This Then That” IFTTT, which means “If this happens, then do this another.”
Some of its most interesting features are the following:
- It is a programming tool that makes it possible to configure certain conditioning commands or scheduled tasks on our smart watch.
- Definitely, IFTTT is an automation app that can be used by users who know what they can get out of it.
- It has compatibility with more than 600 applications for Android, Google Home and Alexa.
- Available in the official stores of Manzana and Google Play.
Google maps is one of the most popular mobile apps of the last times. The benefits that you can obtain with its use are:
- With Google Maps you can access from your smart watch the necessary information to move to another location such as: maps, routes, real-time GPS location and any data of interest.
- The application is very light, its weight is 27 MB and it comes from a totally reliable source.
- One feature that can be negative is that the application requests various permissions to function.
- It can be found in the app stores of Manzana and Google.
Citymapper it’s an excellent app for regular users of public transport, as it provides you with the following benefits:
- The application can compare all the options available to travel by all means of transport.
- It is also capable of making this comparison globally.
- In addition to the above, Citymapper can control all public transport schedules quite precisely.
- It is available for Android Wear and Apple Watch.
Spotify is a fundamental application for a considerable amount of smart watch users. The functions available to you are the following:
- Using this app allows you to perform tasks, practice sports or any other type of activity listening to your songs or playlists without having to access your mobile or computer.
- In addition, in the case of users of a Apple Watch, Recently, songs can be downloaded to the device and you do not need to carry your phone with you to use it.
- Although it has the disadvantage that it is necessary to have Spotify Premium, in order to access all the functions that the application requires, which is not free.
RunKeeper is another app for smartwatch Focused on people who play sports, as it can track their physical activity, as well as being able to view their progress on your smart watch. Other benefits that are achieved with this tool are the following:
- It is possible to establish the objectives that are pursued with the performance of your physical activity.
- You can even modify the informational audio you prefer to hear.
- This application can be used both in WatchOS just like Wear OS without the need for a smartphone.
- The only essential requirement is that the device has the GPS function.
The music app of Youtube for smartwatch It was released with version 3.0 of Wear OS, so from now on it is also possible to listen to music directly on your smart watch by using this application.
The app of Youtube music It has a very intuitive and easy-to-use interface. Although it is not yet available on all smartwatch devices on the market, it can only be found for Samsung, by searching for the application in the Play Store.
Uber is a app for smartwatch ideal for those users who are interested in moving around the city at a reasonable and modest price. In addition, through its use you will avoid running the risk of losing the bus or train. Now, you have the possibility to make your requests for this service from your smart watch. Available for teams with WearOS systems and WatchOS.
This is another of the smartwatch apps that offer the user the possibility of making payments through their smart watch, without having to use their mobile or wallet. The application Apple wallet It has only one functionality, but it is too useful to be installed on your SmartWatch. Exclusive for WatchOS users.
Shazam is a smart watch app very useful in identifying those songs that you like and do not have the information about their name. The reason for the acceptance that this application has had is that generally most users like to know which song you like. Available for users of WatchOS and WearOS.
Today the smartwatch has as one of its main functions to facilitate people’s daily activities. The same happens with the applications that have been created for these devices.
The variety of applications to use on smart watches It is so broad that there is practically no aspect of your daily life that is not covered by one of these tools.