WhatsApp is the most used messaging platform in the world. It has included many tools, which are not always what is expected, such as groups.
Although WhatsApp groups are created with good intentions, there may come a time when they can become an inconvenience. If you want to learn to delete a WhatsApp group or get out of one, then you will see what are the steps to follow.
Delete a WhatsApp group as an administrator
If you are the group administrator, you can more easily delete the group or the WhatsApp groups. You can notify the members of the group that you are eliminating it and the reasons for doing so, if appropriate. In this way they can be removed and you will not have to delete them yourself. To permanently delete the group you will have to follow several steps:
- The first thing you should do is remove the participants from the group. To do so, open the chat and click on Group info.
- You can also hold down on the group name in the chats tab.
- Then click on the name of each of the participants in the group and select Remove participant and then click on Ok.
- After you have deleted the participants, leave the group and go back to the group topic. But in this case select Exit group and then press Exit.
- To delete the WhatsApp group, go back to the subject and click on Delete group and then on Delete. You must decide if you want to export the group’s contacts on WhatsApp before deleting the group. In the event that you want to keep the multimedia files, you must verify that the Delete the files from this chat box is unchecked.
- In this way you will have deleted a WhatsApp group in a very short time and in a simple way.
Remove the group from your chat
In the event that you are not the administrator, you cannot delete a WhatsApp group definitively. However, you have the option of asking the administrator to delete the group, if for any reason it is necessary to do so.
If you cannot do this, the only alternative available is to remove the WhatsApp group from your list. You cannot do this if you are still a member of the group, so you must first leave the group. To remove a group from your list, follow these steps:
- Enter the group and click on the three points found in the upper bar. Then select the Group Info option.
- Press the option Leave group.
- Then press Exit to confirm the action.
- Then tap on Delete group.
- To finish the process, select Delete.
These are all the steps you must do to remove a WhatsApp group from your chat list. This is a process that is important to know how it is done, and even more so if you are not the administrator. In this way you can avoid discomfort when being in a conflictive group or that overloads the chat with messages.
Create a WhatsApp group
In the event that after remove a group from your chat list want to create your own group and be the administrator, these are the steps you must follow:
- Open WhatsApp and click on the More options icon and then on New group.
- You can also click on New chat and then on New group.
- Find which contacts you want to add to the group. Then you must touch the icon with the green arrow.
- Then enter the subject of the group. This will be the name of the group and all participants will be able to see it. In the subject you can only write up to 25 characters and you can put an emoji.
- You also have the option of hitting the camera icon and adding an image of the group. You can choose to use your camera to take the group photo, select an image from the gallery, or search the internet.
- When you finish configuring, press to confirm the action.
Add or remove members to a group
Once you have created the WhatsApp group, you can add or remove people without any limitation. This action can only be done by the group administrator, who is usually the one who creates it. You can also send links with invitations to join the group.
To add contacts to a group on Android follow these steps:
- First open the group’s chat window and click on its name, which is at the top of the screen.
- To be able to add a contact to the group, click on the Add participant option.
- You will see your contact list. You just have to look for the person you are going to add and click on her. A message will be displayed for you to confirm the operation, click on Ok.
- Then find the person you want to add to the group and press Ok.
To remove a contact from the group, follow these steps:
- Open the group window and click on the group name, which is at the top of the screen.
- Look in the list where the group’s participants are located and then click on the name of the one you are going to remove.
- In the menu that appears, tap Delete. You will see a message for you to confirm the action. Click on Ok.
Leave a WhatsApp group
On many occasions they can add you to a gWhatsApp group in which you do not want to participate. However, you can leave the group whenever you want. You just have to keep in mind that, if you leave a group and then want to re-enter it, you must ask the administrator to add you again. In addition, you are going to have to deal with questions from the other members of the group, why did you leave.
To leave the group you must follow these instructions:
- First open the group chat window. Tap on the group’s name, which is at the top of the screen.
- Now go to the bottom of where the group information is located and click on the Exit group option.
- You will see a message where you are asked to confirm that you really want to leave the group, you just have to press Exit.
Clear group history
It may be the case that you no longer want to participate in the group conversations on WhatsApp, but you want to continue being part of the group. It is then recommended that you only empty the chat in order to delete the group’s history.
You must take into account that if you have received multimedia content, such as photos, audios or videos, you will only be able to delete them from the folder where they are stored on the mobile. To clear the group’s history, follow these steps:
- Open the window to enter the group chat and click on the Menu button, which is located in the upper right part of the screen.
- In the list of options that you are going to see, click on the More option.
- You will be able to see new options, among which is Empty Chat, which you must press.
- Next, you will see a message asking you to confirm this action. Click Empty.
- This way you will have deleted all the conversations from the group chat. This also helps you to free up space in the memory of your mobile.
Mute a group
In the event that you do not want your mobile to ring every time you receive a message in the WhatsApp group, the best option is to mute the group. Muting the group means that the messages sent in the group will continue to reach you in the usual way. The difference is that the notifications will reach your mobile, but without audio.
To mute notifications for a group, follow these steps:
- In the list of chats, press and hold on the group you want to mute.
- Click on Mute in the options that you will see at the top of the screen.
- Now you will see a message for you to choose for how long you want to silence the group. The options you have to choose from are: 8 hours, 1 week, or 1 year.
- Then, to finish, click on Ok.
Rejoin a group that you have deleted on WhatsApp
If you have already decided to leave a group, for different reasons, and want to re-enter, you should know how to do it. The only option you have is to ask the administrator to add you again. If you were the group administrator and you left the group, the platform randomly names an administrator. You should only ask that person to add back to group.
Delete a group from WhatsApp It is one of the most used options on the platform. Many people prefer to stop belonging to these groups, because on certain occasions it becomes very demanding and can generate stress. This is worse if you belong to several groups.