If you have bought a Amazon Fire TV or Fire StickYou will surely know that the Amazon Fire OS operating system is nothing more than a modified Android. Therefore, it has many of the options of this one, although it lacks certain Google services such as Google Play to use the Amazon platform’s own app store. In addition, you can also activate the installation from unknown sources, that is, to install .apk that you have downloaded outside of the official store.
To install an APK from another source other than the Amazon app store, you just have to follow these simple steps so that the system does not block it for security reasons.
Remember that you have to make sure that the source from which you downloaded the APK has to be trusted. If this installation file has been tampered with or some malware has been camouflaged in it, you could run into problems. In the official store, apps go through a filter, and although it is not a guarantee, it is more difficult to get a problematic app than when you do it from third-party sources.
Activate unknown origins step by step
If you want to install applications from third party sources, you have to download the .apk file of the app you want to install on your Amazon Fire Stick device. Once you have the APK, you will see that the Fire OS operating system does not let you install the app, since you need to activate the option to allow installations from the Unknown origins. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to Setting, in the top menu of your Amazon Fire Stick.
- Now you look for the option called My Fire TV.
- Select the option that appears as Developer options. That will allow you to access advanced options.
- From those settings, you just have to activate the option Apps of unknown origin. That will prevent anything you want to install outside of the store from crashing.
- You will be shown a security warningSince, as I mentioned earlier, doing that involves risks. If you are sure of what you are doing, accept and go.
Now you can go to where you have downloaded your APK, click on it, and the wizard will open to begin the installation.